1 person is interested
1 person is interested
Haiti-Now is dedicated to empowering Haitian girls living in domestic servitude to overcome poverty and exploitation to achieve economic security.
"Your first assignment will be to start a fundraising campaign. Haiti Now will provide further guidance for you to have a quick and successful fundraiser."
Role brief: We are looking for a Wordpress Content Editor to publish online content. Content Editor responsibilities include publishing the monthly newsletter and optimizing written pieces to increase user engagement. If you have experience with Wordpress, we’d like to meet you. Please share samples of your work by including links to your published articles.
- Publishing informative blog posts and marketing copy relevant to Haiti Now’s activities.
- Using "categories" and "tags" as appropriate
- Adding photos to blogs to produce an attractive and eye-catching production.
- Refurbishing and repairing both internal and external photo links as well as URLs as necessary.
- Proofreading, restructuring and editing articles to maintain a clean, effective, and error-free presentation.
- Customizing the YOAST SEO plugin for each blog to optimize accessibility and reach.
- Competency in English grammar, editing, formatting, wordpress, and web design.
- Must be responsive to all correspondence within 24 hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3+ years of editing or web design experience preferred.
- Fluent in spoken and written English, able to communicate clearly and consistently.
- Reliable internet connection is a must.
- Minimum volunteer hours expected: 7-10 hrs per week for at least 3 - 6 months.
- Proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as Google Apps such as Drive, Sheets, etc.
- Familiarity with or quick adoption of Trello and Slack tools is critical.
Please share samples of your work by including links to your published articles.
About Haiti Now (Ayiti Now Corp)
1300 Washington Ave., #662, Miami Beach, FL 33119, US
Haiti-Now is dedicated to empowering Haitian girls living in domestic servitude to overcome poverty and exploitation to achieve economic security. Ayiti Now Corp is a 501(c)(3) organization. (Ayiti = Haiti in Creole) After completing onboarding, regardless of the role and team you are joining, your first assignment will be to start a fundraising campaign. Haiti Now will provide further guidance for you to have a quick and successful fundraiser.
To see girls in domestic servitude overcome extreme poverty, heal emotional trauma, and live rewarding lives.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 12, 2021
- 7-10 hrs per week for at least 3 – 6 months