Support Climate Resiliency in East Palo Alto
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
4 people are interested
East Palo Alto's Climate Change Community Team (CCCT) along with community volunteers are conducting a community-wide survey on sea level rise and climate change in East Palo Alto. A little background, Acterra has helped initiate East Palo Alto’s Climate Change Community Team (CCCT). Our work has only just begun, and we aim to advocate, lead, and coordinate climate change efforts with a focus on building community resilience in East Palo Alto. The team is composed of East Palo Alto residents, city officials, representatives from key community-based organizations, leaders of the faith and business communities.
With the survey, the team seeks to accomplish the following:
- Understand the community’s awareness of climate change, in particular to sea-level rise
- Educate the community about climate change, in particular about sea-level rise, and
- Use the survey results as a guiding tool to identify local vulnerabilities, increase climate resiliency, and advance adaptation-related strategies to help meet the needs of the community.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
3921 East Bayshore Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303, US
Acterra brings people together to create local solutions for a healthy planet.
Acterra is an environmental non-profit serving the Silicon Valley. We provide people with tangible, hands-on activities they can do to improve the environment. All of our work is solution-oriented. We offer several thousand volunteer opportunities each year for adults and youth. Because people get excited by different things, we offer a broad range of programs, from habitat restoration to carbon reduction and more. As importantly, we teach people how to become effective environmental change agents in their communities, neighborhoods, workplaces and schools.
Currently our programs include: Stewardship program, Business Environmental Awards, Green@Home, and the Environmental Library and Resource Center.
We'll work with your schedule.
550 Bell StEast Palo Alto, CA 94303
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Must be at least 18
- Extremely flexible, and location is all East Palo Alto.
- Spanish, Tongan, and Samoan language skills will be helpful, but not required.