Human Resources Manager
6 people are interested
Want to build your resume/earn academic credit while contributing to a meaningful cause?
Clear Blue Sea (CBSea) is a San Diego nonprofit startup dedicated to cleansing the oceans of plastic pollution. Our solution is an innovative marine robot called the Floating Robot for Eliminating Debris, or FRED, which we have prototyped on a small-scale and demonstrated to local media stations. CBSea offers extensive Internships that include challenging work, meaningful job descriptions, training in project management and teamwork across all initiatives, and mentoring by senior advisers. At the end of the internship, we provide Letters of Recommendation based on your contributions.
We are offering internships in Human Resources Management that includes planning, defining, and implementing business functions and systems for recruiting, assigning, tracking, and supporting our volunteer staff and student interns.
If you are passionate about saving the oceans and want to leverage your studies in human resources, please get in touch!
This HR Management internship position offers flexible hours to perform the following types of staff support services:
- HR Policy Analysis. Research, assess, and recommend HR policies relevant to an ocean conservancy nonprofit startup organization.
- Position Descriptions. Standardize CBSea job description formats related to industry-standard labor categories
- Post approved positions on multiple online platforms (Handshake, Volunteermatch.com, Aztec Portal, etc.)
- Candidate Tracking. Track and respond to incoming applications from new volunteers/intern candidates
- Schedule and conduct initial interviews with candidates to verify their interests, skills, and work; backgrounds; Coordinate second round of interviews with CBSea project managers
- Training Support. Provide administrative support to Clear Blue Sea’s training program for all new volunteers and interns, called Bootcamp, that initiates newcomers in ocean plastics, our FRED solution, project management, and collaborative teamwork
- Staff Tracking. Maintain up-to-date work status of volunteers/interns throughout their time with Clear Blue Sea
- Generate HR Reports to bi-weekly management meetings and CBSea Program Review Board
- Organize staffing documents in CBSea repository
Capabilities and attributes we look for in our interns and volunteers:
- Commitment to support solutions to cleanse the oceans of plastic pollution
- High standards in research, analysis, and recommendations for CBSea’s HR function
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with potential CBSea candidates and existing staff across all project teams
- Experienced in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Dedication to completing assigned tasks and presenting findings at peer reviews and management meetings.
Apply via our online form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSek2QUWMe9ItjGCYD5NrtnCAgGJ7ShGljl8hMazquBz6I3iig/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1
Contact Clear Blue Sea with questions: email@example.com
About CLEAR BLUE SEA
4450 PAVLOV AVE, SAN DIEGO, CA 92122, US
Clear Blue Sea's mission is to cleanse the oceans of floating plastic pollution by operating fleets of unmanned marine robots powered by renewable energy.
Clear Blue Sea was founded in 2016 to address the problem of ocean plastic pollution. We are a nonprofit startup working with students and volunteers to achieve our mission with community collaboration. Our robotic solution is called "FRED" - the Floating Robot for Eliminating Debris.
Clear Blue Sea has developed FRED’s preliminary design and prototyped small-scale versions of FRED subsystems for test and evaluation. In addition to securing our 501c3 nonprofit designation, developing our Business Plan, and establishing our Board of Directors, we have sponsored 16 student interns working on projects relevant to our long term goals. Our near term goals include building a larger-scale prototype for testing off the coast of San Diego and raising awareness of the problems with ocean plastic pollution in San Diego.
We'll work with your schedule.
7939 Silverton Avenue, Unit 807San Diego, CA 92122
- Human Resources Strategy
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Human Resources Information Systems
- Human Resources Legal Compliance
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Human Resources Assistance
- Must be at least 18
- at least 8 hours per week