Help Us Recruit More Volunteers (help in the office: Calls/Emails)
1 person is interested
Call and Email Businesses, Individuals and groups to get them to volunteer. We especially need weekday volunteers for construction to be able to finish our projects.Truman Heritage Habitat for Humanity Volunteer Position: Volunteer Recruitment Assistant Volunteer Reports to: Lindsay Browne, Community Engagement Manager Goal: Recruiting volunteers to fulfill our vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to live. This requires thoughtful interactions with our potential volunteers to encourage new and ongoing volunteering. The Volunteer Recruitment Assistant helps the Community Engagement Manager with office tasks that allow us to better engage our potential volunteers. Summary: The Volunteer Recruitment Assistant will volunteer doing perform a variety of office tasks depending on project deadlines in the Independence office. This will include making phone calls to new and potential volunteers, data entry, scheduling meetings, sending Thank You's, developing and implementing an outreach plan, and other administrative tasks as assigned by the Community Engagement Manager. This position helps to extend the ability of Truman Heritage Habitat for Humanity to complete construction (and other) projects. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing and tracking volunteer thank you's
- Data entry and reports, including Salesforce Database
- Mailings and Marketing Materials
- Answering phones, making calls
- Scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, prepping for meetings, taking notes
- Maintenance of office space (so we are ready for drop-ins by volunteers)
- Sharing the volunteer opportunities at events
- Other duties specifically around coordination of special events or as assigned
- Computer and copier skills are essential
- Must be able to handle computer tasks with limited additional training/oversight from staff. A comfort level in using the help tools or going online to learn is an asset.
- Ability to carefully enter data in our Salesforce database without errors (existing knowledge a major plus, or ease at picking up new systems).
- Present a professional appearance and a friendly manner
- Be dependable and punctual
- Be courteous and personable when dealing with the public
- Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment where schedules may change with short notice.
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality of Truman Habitat volunteers, partners, and donors
- Typically about 5 hours per week, varies based on current projects. Flexible timing weekdays between 9a and 5p, with occasional evening meetings, if you are available. Additional time available if desired.
We will interview volunteer applicants to share about our organization and the position and to see if the potential volunteer would be a good fit.
About Truman Heritage Habitat for Humanity
505 North Dodgion St, Independence, MO 64050, US
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Habitat invites people from all walks of life to work together in partnership to build houses with families in need. Truman Heritage Habitat works throughout Eastern Jackson County.
We'll work with your schedule.
1101 W Walnut StIndependence, MO 64050
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Internet Research
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Weekdays as available 5 hours/week
- Organized, Friendly, Comfortable with phone calls, emails, and in-person conversations.