Install Smoke Alarms & Save Lives! Join the Red Cross Home Fire Safety Team! (Chelan-Douglas)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
As part of home visit team, visit homes at-risk for home fires and helps ensure that the number of smoke alarms and batteries installed and other services provided are recorded and reported within program parameters
Ensure that the resident client completes and signs required documents (acknowledgment, releases, etc.) and transfers completed documents to the event neighborhood captain or designee.
All training is provided at no cost to our volunteers. You will be provided all of the training needed for this role. This training may be online or in person.
- Time Commitment: 4 -6 hours per weekend, once a quarter on average
* Experience installing smoke alarms; canvassing neighborhoods, and interacting with clients (or willingness to learn).
* Ability to relate well and effectively with diverse groups and individuals.
* Demonstrated ability to read, understand and apply manufacturer's directions for smoke alarm installation.
* Demonstrated ability to ascend, work on and descend ladder or step stool.
* Demonstrated ability to utilize electrical drill and other tools required for successful installation of smoke alarms and testing.
* Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
Visit www.redcross.org/volunteer to learn more or apply.
About American Red Cross / Northwest Region
1900 25th Ave South, Seattle, WA 98114, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
Various locations in Chelan - Douglas CountiesWenatcheeWenatchee, WA 98801
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- average 4 - 6 hours quarterly for events, monthly opportunities also available