Aspiring cook? Become a Grill Cook Volunteer and Serve Up The Most Important Meal of the Day!!
2 people are interested
Let's make that bacon!
Become a grill cook volunteer
Summary of Qualifications: Under the supervision of the Uhuru Foods & Pies Market Coordinator, and Lead Grill Cook, the grill cook will help cook at the Saturday Farmer’s Market and Festivals Uhuru Foods participates in. The Grill Cook promotes Uhuru Foods & Pies as part of Black Star Industries, winning support for building an independent African economy and self-determination for African people.
- Help with the setup of all cooking and food preparation according to schedule
- Fills breakfast and lunch orders on the grill quickly and accurately, maintaining quality and portion control, and minimizing customer wait times and errors.
- Continually assesses pace of cooking/serving needed and anticipates rush/slow times.
- Maintain quality and portion control on all foods, with attractive. consistent plate presentation
- Maintain visual appeal of front grill with display items all properly cooked and attractively displayed; Maximizes grill space; Keeps grill clean throughout shift and cleans grill at end of the day or delegates cleaning.
- Friendly and interactive with customers to get orders, explain ingredients and plates, work with customers for specialized items and substitutions
- Maintain health and safety standards according to Uhuru Foods & Pies protocol and those required by health departments and other public agencies
- Attend Uhuru Foods meetings to coordinate the above responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Characteristics:
- Passionate about grilling/cooking and working in a cooperative environment
- Works collaboratively, team player
- Able to motivate others
- Able to prioritize tasks and manage time well under pressure
- Has some cooking experience or equivalent
- Has knowledge on use and safety of all cooking equipment
Physical Requirements: include but are not limited to lifting of up to 50 lbs.
COME TO AN ORIENTATION WEEKLY ON WEDNESDAYS @ 6 pm (RSVP please)
ATTEND WEEKLY UHURU FOODS & PIES TRAININGS WEDNESDAYS 6:30-8pm
Located at the Uhuru House, 1245 18th Ave. S., St. Petersburg, FL
For more information call Uhuru Foods & Pies at 727-914-3609 and ask for Janice Kant or email email@example.com. Please include a contact number and email address on all VolunteerMatch and email inquiries.
Learn more about Uhuru Food & Pies at https://uhurupies.org/
About Uhuru Foods and Pies
1245 18th Avenue South, St. Petersburg, FL 33712, US
To create, produce and sell the freshest foods to build self-sustaining economic development, designed for the prosperity and self-determination of present and future generations of African people worldwide
Uhuru Foods and Pies sells fresh, quality foods at Markets, Festivals and special events to fund programs of the Uhuru Movement for economic development and social justice for African people worldwide.
Uhuru Foods & Pies at Saturday Morning MarketRowdies Stadium parking lot, 2301st St.SESt. Petersburg, FL 33701
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Service
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication