Youth Program Coordinator AmeriCorps VISTA
1 person is interested
Start date: July, 2019
Stipend: This is an AmeriCorps*VISTA position and therefore pays a stipend of $12,312 annually; medical benefits available through AmeriCorps
BACKGROUND: Founded in 1933, the IRC is a leading nonsectarian, voluntary organization providing relief, protection and resettlement services for refugees and victims of oppression or violent conflict. The IRC in Wichita resettles approximately 200 newly-arrived refugees per year and provides numerous program services to assist the refugee and other immigrant clients from their arrival through citizenship.
SCOPE OF WORK: The Youth Program AmeriCorps*VISTA is responsible for increasing the scale and reach of IRC’s education opportunities for refugee youth in Wichita, KS. Throughout the school year, students participate in the Refugee and Immigration Students Empowerment (RISE) program that is focused on providing youth with the knowledge and skills to reach their goals. Through various activities, the program instills and reinforces a sense of belonging in the community and helps youth build confidence in their English and academic abilities. The youth program coordination vista will be responsible for planning and coordinating all activities related to this program.
- Coordinate RISE after-school and summer programs by identifying local resources, building partnerships with local organizations and coordinating the activities needed to support the youth program.
- Develop volunteer job descriptions and collaborate with the volunteer coordinator to recruit, train and manage volunteer activities as they related to the youth program.
- Create annual workplans and program implementation plans.
- Conduct community presentations designed to share information about the program, recruit volunteers and garner financial and other support for the program.
- Identify potential donors and participate in the proposal writing activities in collaboration with IRC staff.
- Conduct program monitoring utilizing standard monitoring tools (i.e. surveys, focus group discussions, etc.) and aggregate results that will help inform program design and delivery.
- Prepare and complete all documentation for client files and prepare comprehensive case notes as required by IRC and by donors.
- Other responsibilities as requested by supervisor.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About International Rescue Commitee
1530 S Oliver St, Suite 270, Wichita, KS 67218, US
The International Rescue Committee offers life-changing services to refugees forced to flee their homes due to persecution or war. The IRC office in Wichita opened in 2011 and continues to work with those in need of a variety of service. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) in Wichita creates opportunities for refugees and immigrants to integrate and thrive in the Wichita community. A committed staff of professionals and volunteers work together to assist families in reuniting and rebuilding their lives in the greater Wichita area. The IRC in Wichita offers a broad range of programs including resettlement and social services, youth and adult education, English language courses, employment assistance and immigration services.
We'll work with your schedule.
1530 S Oliver StreetSuite 270Wichita, KS 67218
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Adult Education
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- 40 hours/week