Homework Tutor at the Y!
3 people are interested
The homework tutor will assist children ages 6-12 with their homework in a variety of subjects as needed. The tutoring program takes place on Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:00pm - 8:00pm in the Kids Zone at the Jim & Heather Gills YMCA facility. Volunteers are needed to provide basic help and support to the students in a one-on-one or small group setting.
- Homework help in subjects including, but not limited to: math, reading, writing, science.
- Communication with students and Y staff members.
- Guide and support students as they learn new or existing concepts.
- Must be available Mondays and/or Wednesdays from 5pm-8pm.
- Must be able to communicate well.
- Must exercise patience with students of all abilities and at all levels of learning.
- Must be personable and uphold all values of the YMCA: caring, respect, responsibility, and honesty
- Must successfully complete all YGSP Level 2 volunteer related training requirements including background checks
- Must adhere to all volunteer policies as outlined in the volunteer handbook available at http://www.stpeteymca.org/main/volunteer/
- Minimum age, 16, with firm understanding of subjects through an 8 th grade level.
About YMCA of Greater St Petersburg
600 1ST AVE N STE 201, ST. PETERSBURG, FL 33701, US
To Put Judeo-Christian Principles Into Practice Through Programs That Build Healthy Spirit, Mind, and Body for all.
Health and Wellness programs that address Spirit, Mind, and Body; Children & Youth Enrichment Programs; Community Partnerships and Events
Jim and Heather Gills YMCA3200 1st Avenue S.Saint Petersburg, FL 33712
- General Education
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- 3-6 hours per week