A Free Bird
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passions and give them the strength to fight their disease. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression through art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and other creative mediums.
Within this department, there are different opportunities, from credit based internships to experienced professional roles. If selected for an interview, we will assess and confirm the position level based on your experiences and qualifications upon conclusion of the process.
In this position, you will create and edit graphic content for internal and external stakeholders. You will be responsible for collecting, managing, and producing engaging content for distribution across all owned digital channels.
There are a number of opportunities within the Multimedia Department:
- Graphic Designer
- Video Editor
- Post Production Coordinator
- Production Associate
- Visual Effects Artist
- Colorist, Illustrator
- Photo Retoucher
- Support all departments in identifying, securing, and producing content for distribution across website, social channels, and external vendors
- Work with the Communication Department to develop engaging creative for advertising campaigns
- Works across departments in the development of assets for campaigns, toolkits and content packages for partners and influencers to encourage broad engagement around major campaign launches and milestones
- Understanding of Adobe Creative Suite to design infographics and other visual products
- Capacity for video editing, including ability to cut clips from a longer video
- Create layouts, CADS, vector objects, print files, and marketing materials specifically with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Design and produce 2D/3D motion graphics
- Manage creatives, including freelancers (if applicable)
- An entrepreneurial mindset - looking for someone to taken an idea and run with it
- Iterate on content based on stakeholder feedback and data
- Ability to "story tell," create compelling output
- 2-5+ years of experience in Multimedia or related field
- Experience with Adobe Premiere and/or Adobe After Effects
- Ability to visualize, conceptualize and design visual images
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Google Drive applications
*Internships are unpaid and for credit only. If you are not receiving college credit for this internship you will not be eligible.
If selected for an interview, you will be asked to provide examples of your work that are relevant to the position.
Positions require a commitment of at least two (2) days a week, four (4) hours each day.
Due to COVID-19, we are 100% remote.
Proper at home working capabilities include laptop, phone, and connection to reliable internet connectivity. Must be available to have a phone / video conversation at least twice per week.
Please provide either a brief description of your relevant professional experience or your LinkedIn profile.
About A Free Bird
146 smith st, Brooklyn, NY 11201, US
A Free Bird aims to provide the opportunity for children diagnosed with cancer to continue explore their artistic passion, and to give them the strength and the power to fight their disease.
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passion. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression such as art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and other creative mediums.