Instructional Designer & Trainer
5 people are interested
Digital Page’s biggest asset is our people and their passion to imagine a better world for women in technology and the workplace. But what does the Instructional Designer & Trainer for Digital Page look like? That’s where you come in!
The Instructional Designer & Trainer will assist with delivering the Digital Page vision. We are looking to empower youth and young women to pursue careers in Technology and Design Thinking space. In order to do that we will be delivering training and hands on experience that will prepare them to pursue their dreams. Our ID&T will partner with our Leadership Team and individuals at all levels of the organization allowing for insight to develop the ideal training tools. The opportunity to network, develop and deliver training while expanding your own knowledge base will be unparalleled. Our trainings delivered to students at multiple levels will be FUN, high energy, interactive and inspirational! Our Instructional Designer & Trainer will be pivotal force in the career path of future technologists.
At Digital Page, we are go-getters, self-starters, teammates, motivators, visionaries; we are passionate and want to impact those around us - our Instructional Designer & Trainer will be the one to create the tools that inspire future generations to follow their dreams and break through those glass barriers!!!
Sound like you? Read below to learn more about the responsibilities.
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs
- State instructional end goals and create content that matches them
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc)
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Experience in Design Thinking, Digital Solutions and Technology
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- BS or MA degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar
Most of the responsibilities for developing content can be done remotely and on your own schedule. The ID&T will need to be local to the Charlotte area in order to partner and deliver trainings as they are scheduled.
About DIGITAL PAGE
PO Box 78492, Charlotte, NC 28271, US
Empowering young women to develop future design-minded technology leaders and build tomorrow's people-focused digital solutions.
Digital Page is the brainchild borne as a response to the gender gap that continues to exist in the Technology and Design Thinking space. We are demanding that youth in our communities, especially young women, are enabled to pursue technology careers and are empowered to be leaders in this industry. To achieve this, we have aligned our organization to three core initiatives:
1. Provide the opportunity to learn about various Design Thinking career paths;
2. Offer real-world experience by supporting small and large businesses in their technology needs; and
3. Show support to female-driven start-up companies
We, at Digital Page, believe in investing in each member of our organization to achieve these goals. With ongoing support from our mentors and a very unique toolkit, we will ensure that each individual has the ability to disrupt the technology industry and pave the way for tomorrow’s thinkers. As a non-profit in its infancy, we are searching for passionate, creative, and driven individuals who are looking to change the world with us!
We'll work with your schedule.
PO Box 78492Charlotte, NC 28271
- Teaching / Instruction
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Web Design / UX
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- This is a core role within our organization requires a significant time commitment. Hours are variable and can usually be done at your convenience. Attendance at certain meetings and planning sessions will be mandatory but with prior notice.
- We conduct background checks and you will have to agree to routine drug testing.