- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Forest Fire Prevention Derivatives, CrowdDoing, Volunteer Senior Financial Analyst
ORGANIZATION: M4A Foundation - CrowdDoing
Please visit the new page to apply.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
- Forest Fire Prevention Derivatives, CrowdDoing, Volunteer Senior Financial Analyst
- See more detailed background on CrowdDoing's forest fire prevention derivatives
Forest Fire Risk Prevention Derivatives in Northern California
Bobby Fishkin, lead author
In 2018, Sacramento was named the "the Most Polluted City on Earth" due to "smoke from Camp Fire," This proposal aims to prevent that from happening again through adopting a systemic approach and collaborating with stakeholders to actively prevent future such events. The insurance industry, along with institutional chief risk officers, have begun to recognize the importance of moving from "loss compensation to loss prevention."
CrowdDoing and Project Heather propose launching a prevention derivative with two new stakeholders: (a) contingent payers who pay in proportion to the reduction in risk, and (b) impact investors who finance social innovations in which their return is similarly proportional to the reduction in risk. It will build on existing precedents for contingent contracts involving social- innovation-based risk prevention.
A spectrum of forest fire risk prevention approaches are available: from creative new social innovations to well-established interventions. The forest fire risk prevention derivative would first survey existing forest fire prevention interventions in Greater Sacramento with an eye towards which ones might be suitable to support and expand. It would then review global social innovations that might be relevant to Northern California to determine which to replicate. Entities involved in risk management and risk securitisation, from insurers to reinsurers to retrocessionaires, ought to welcome the chance to share liability proportionally through a commons of prevention innovations. The prevention derivative can expand as more institutions and individuals join as contingent payers and impact investors in order prevent a larger portion of collective risk . Payments by private and public institutions to support prevention derivatives can be in-kind, through services, and/or financial.
Forest Fire Prevention Derivatives, CrowdDoing, Volunteer Financial Analyst
We are looking for Forest Fire Prevention Derivatives, CrowdDoing, Volunteer Senior Financial Analyst to provide accurate and data based information on company’s profitability, solvency, stability and liquidity. You will research and analyze financial information to help company make well informed decisions, write reports and monitor financial movements.Forest Fire Prevention Derivatives, CrowdDoing, Volunteer Senior Financial Analyst
We are looking for an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to forecast revenues and expenditures and advise us on future budgeting.
For this role, you should hold a degree in Finance or Accounting (ideally with a CFA certification) followed by relevant work experience. Knowledge of forecasting models and cost accounting processes are key requirements for this position. You will explore investment options and set company-wide financial policies.
Ultimately, you will ensure our financial planning is healthy and profitable and aligns with business objectives.Forest Fire Prevention Derivatives, CrowdDoing, Volunteer Senior Financial Analyst Responsibilities
- Develop financial models through benchmarking and process analysis
- Forecast quarterly and annual profits
- Prepare cost projections
- Analyze and report on current financial status
- Conduct thorough research of historical financial data
- Explore investment options and present risk and opportunities
- Coordinate with the CFO and the executive team on long-term financial planning
- Compare anticipated and actual results and identify areas of improvement
- Participate in budgeting (for departments and projects)
- Review accounting transactions for data accuracy
- Establish financial policies
- Maintain confidentiality of financial information and investment decisions
- Proven work experience as a Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Analyst or similar role
- Hands-on experience with financial and statistical software
- Expertise in MS Excel (creating spreadsheets and using advanced formulas)
- Familiarity with finance databases
- Understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERP)
- Up-to-date with accounting laws and regulations
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to present financial data using detailed reports and charts
- Demonstrable strategic thinking skills
- Confidentiality in handling sensitive financial information
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus
"To help support you joining the right part of CrowdDoing for you, please use this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSftd6E0tyV2uq7mMty1rZ80BB2MSGhbnof9gRBvaQXbrttIkg/viewform?usp=sf_link"
he only way CrowdDoing.world can realize its impact potential is through virtual volunteers,service learners(http://blog.reframeit.com/service-learning-and-skilled-volunteering/), and micro-leaders (https://real-leaders.com/leveraging-micro-leadership-to-make-aspirational-goals-achievable/) coming together.
See this brief video aboutMicro-leadership at CrowdDoing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhdB2YJ8Ocs&app=desktop). Micro-leadership means that each person adopts a dimension of responsibility for a collective problem in our society through collaborating on that area creatively individually and together through social innovation.
You are also welcome to see more background on CrowdDoing at our Youtube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVoL7fai7oa95fBo44FC0gA?sub_confirmation=1).
Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CrowdDoing-515295062320613) ,
LinkedIn ( https://www.linkedin.com/company/18910309/ ).
You can see a CrowdDoing Volunteering FAQ here.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zCkbEQX8PHh8k85BS0iIhsJJxADqdH3Kpn1PDbI1Uno/edit?usp=sharingIf you have any questions about processes for joining crowddoing as a volunteer please write to email@example.com
About M4A Foundation - CrowdDoing
3325 Besana Drive, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762, US
CrowdDoing [dot] world is a joint initiative of Match4Action Foundation and Reframe It. CrowdDoing is focused on addressing the social, economic, and environmental challenges our world faces by collaborating with professionals and volunteers from many different industries. We offer a platform for individuals to connect and collaborate toward creating systemic change. We would love for you to join the team! What makes us different? CrowdDoing aims to support social innovations with transformative impact potential through global multi-disciplinary volunteering, micro-leadership and service learning. We work through operating leverage for systems change to achieve collective agency. We orient to ikigai and self-determination theory in order to help each person have the perfect role. #systemschange #systemsthinking #servicelearning #socialinnovation
Match4Action connects those wanting to volunteer their skills with those in need for remote or local project support, advice, collaboration and mentoring.
Our smart technology platform uses the latest machine learning, artificial intelligence and virtual assistants to match the demand for resources for social impact with the skills and resources available, anywhere in the world. We use blockchain to create and manage a social impact currency.This unique, self sustainable open platform has one key purpose: accelerating social impact through collaboration and linking local projects with our global presence.
CrowdDoing aims to leverage micro-leadership, service learning and massively multi-disciplinary collaboration supported with project managers and human resource business partners. Collaborate with people whom you can learn from while changing the world virtually together.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 24, 2022
- Financial Literacy
- Financial Planning
- Cost Analysis
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- People 55+
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 4-10 hours per week or 20-40 hours per month
- Forest Fire Prevention Derivatives, CrowdDoing, Volunteer Financial Analyst