Development Intern/Volunteer at Mary's Center
DONATE TO THIS
22 people are interested
Founded in 1988, Mary’s Center is an award-winning community health center committed to building better futures through the delivery of health care, education, and social services. Mary’s Center embraces culturally diverse communities to provide them with the highest quality care-regardless of their ability to pay.
The Development Department at Mary’s Center is seeking a highly-motivated individual to serve as a Development Intern. The Intern will help Mary’s Center’s development department contribute to the growth and future direction of the organization. An ideal candidate should be a strong writer, attentive to detail, proactive, flexible, and interested nonprofit management.
The successful candidate will:
- Be in pursuit of a college-level degree
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently follow-up on details
- Embody excellent interposal, relationship building, and teamwork sills
- Possess familiarity with online prospect research resources preferred (e.g. iWave, Foundation Center Director, etc.)
- Have prior experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar CRMs preferred.
The Development Intern reports to the Assistant Director of Foundation Relations and is responsible for assisting with all aspects of the Development Department, including database management, processing donations, prospect research and other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Foundation Relations. The position provides administrative support in all fundraising endeavors of the Development Department and contributes to daily development operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This role is an ideal fit for someone interested in learning about how development teams drive the success of nonprofits. The Development Intern will receive feedback and mentoring from their manager and the opportunity to engage with senior leadership.
Essential duties & responsibilities may include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Assist with planning and logistics for our major fundraising events, including but not limited to the Annual Golf Classic, Taste of Adams Morgan and Annual Gala.
- Data entry and database management using Raiser’s Edge software; ensure accurate records in our Raiser’s Edge CRM database by updating engagement history and opportunities in donor records.
- Produce research on individual, foundation, and corporate donors and prospects to identify alignment with Mary’s Center priorities using the Foundation Center, iWave and other funding databases.
- Compile search results using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word: create spreadsheet outlining grantor requirements and application deadlines; create funder profiles.
- Help prepare correspondence for Mary’s Center donors, potential donors, and vendors. This includes, but is not limited to, solicitation letters, thank-you letters, telephone and e-mail outreach, etc.
- Draft and proofread correspondence with leaders in philanthropy.
- Develop and implement a research project that will help inform activities to expand fundraising efforts in support of individual giving.
- Participate in health fairs and community tabling events.
- Provide back up support on all functions performed by the Development team.
- Other duties as assigned.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Mary's Center for Maternal & Child Care, Inc.
2333 Ontario Road NW, Washington, DC 20009, US
Our mission is to build better futures through the delivery of health care, education and social services. We embrace culturally diverse communities to provide them with the highest quality of care, regardless of their ability to pay.
In 1988, President/CEO Maria S. Gomez founded Mary's Center as a community-based nonprofit focused on maternal and child care for immigrant women from Central America in the predominantly Latino areas of Ward One. Today, Mary's Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center that provides primary care and enabling services to underserved, underinsured and uninsured immigrants primarily from Latin America, the Caribbean, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. We have four locations in Washington, D.C. and two in Maryland, as well as two mobile health units that provide services for those that cannot come to us.
Mary's Center serves low-income, immigrant families whose linguistic and cultural needs would otherwise go unmet by public or private health care systems. We link families to community services, informing them about the educational, housing, and employment resources available to them. All our social and educational services are provided at no cost, and no one is turned away from our medical services for lack of payment.
We'll work with your schedule.
2333 Ontario Rd NWWashington, DC 20009
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Grant Writing / Research
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training