Supporting Adolescents through Mentoring!
3 people are interested
Do you have a passion supporting next generations to grow? We may be a good fit for you!
The Delaware County Juvenile Courts Mentoring Programs aspire to shift youth away from the justice system by supporting the education of life skills and building positive relationships with the support of community role models. Mentoring is the process of sharing personal knowledge, skills, and experience.
The Together Everyone Achieves More, or T.E.A.M. Program, works with adolescents aged 10-14 years old to guide, support, and educate building independence skills and making positive choices.
Once matched, Mentors will:
- Provide support through weekly visits
- Attend engaging monthly large group meetings
- Assist with maintaining school needs
- Support through difficult decisions
- Empower reasoning and positive choices through acts of kindness and day-to-day choices
Find out more on our website:
About Delaware Juvenile Court Mentoring Programs
145 N Union Street, Delaware, OH 43015, US
Delaware County Juvenile Court Mentoring Programs aspire to shift youth away from the justice system by supporting the education of life skills and building positive relationships with the support of community role models.
Mentoring the is the process of sharing personal knowledge, skills, and experience. Delaware Juvenile Court offers two mentoring programs:
The Mothers Offering Mothering Support, or M.O.M.S. Program, pairs first-time mothers with experienced mothers as Mentors. M.O.M.S. strives to lay a foundation for parenting and build independence skills that a new mother can use throughout life.
The Together Everyone Achieves More, or T.E.A.M. Program pairs adolescents aged 10-14 with a caring adult to show them the power of positive choices. T.E.A.M. strives to encourage self esteem, reduce risky behaviors especially relating to smoking or substance abuse, and engage positive behaviors that an adolescent can use throughout life.
Once Matched, the Mentors in each program will:
- Provide support the building of life skills, reasoning skills, and role modeling
- Visit or call their Mentee once a week
- Attend fun, activity-based monthly large group meetings
We'll work with your schedule.
145 N Union StreetDelawareDelaware, OH 43015
- General Education
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Must be at least 18
- 8 hours/month
- Interview and County background check process (we will pay for and help you through this!)