Adaptive Riding Volunteer
2 people are interested
- Interact with and work alongside horses, ponies and clients while under the direct supervision of the instructor.
- Provide emotional and/or hands-on supportive care to the clients as directed by the riding instructor. Clients are of various ages and sizes with various special needs and enrolled in one of the following programs; adaptive riding, hippotherapy, equine facilitated learning, or personal development.
- Be part of the 'team’ of client, volunteers and horses.
- Ensure that each member,guest, volunteer and visitor receives the highest caliber of service in a totally non-discriminating, safe and caring environment.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About HORSES ADAPTIVE RIDING AND THERAPY
6665 Rickreall Rd, Independence, OR 97371, US
"Harnessing the Magic of Horses to Change Lives" OUR MISSION: To improve the lives of people with special needs by providing barrier-free, safe and affordable, horse-centered activities.
Horses Adaptive Riding & Therapy (HART) is a local, grass-roots organization assisting special needs individuals in our community. Our staff and volunteers bring many years of experience and knowledge to Horses Adaptive Riding and Therapy’s equine program. This experience helps to create a supportive and compassionate environment. At Horses Adaptive Riding and Therapy, we emphasize the inclusion of clients who might not qualify for traditional equine therapy programs due to their diagnoses or financial status.
Our goals at Horses Adaptive Riding and Therapy are:
- To provide a supportive and comforting environment where people feel safe and accepted.
- To serve clients who need or want to ride, regardless of their ability to pay.
- To enhance our clients’ capabilities and foster their independence.
- To ease the challenges faced by clients and families, focusing on five major benefits:
We'll work with your schedule.
6665 Rickreall RdIndependence, OR 97351
- Child Welfare
- Animal Therapy
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- Special Needs
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, 2+ hours per week