American Diabetes Association Seeks Volunteer Health Educators in Glendale!
6 people are interested
- The American Diabetes Association is actively seeking passionate and dedicated leaders to serve as Health Educators in our signature Project Power program this Fall! (October-November 2019)
- The American Diabetes Association is partnering with community organizations and school districts to offer Project Power in an after-school setting in Glendale. An exciting new program that focuses on nutrition education and physical activity. Project Power is an initiative to slow the trajectory of childhood obesity through health promotion, nutrition education, increased physical activity, and family engagement.
- One day a week
- 2 hour commitment on the day of the lesson, likely 2:30-4:30 pm with some cushion on both sides for set-up and clean-up
- What they will do: lead kids in a healthy snack demonstration, lead a lesson on nutrition and physical activity
- We will provide C.A.T.C.H. (Coordinated Approach To Child Health) program training
Health Leaders will be trained to facilitate nutrition education sessions, fun physical activities, and games! This is a fantastic opportunity for individuals to gain experience working with youth while gaining skills in health prevention, health education, and risk factors for developing type 2 diabetes. Interested in this exciting opportunity? Pleaseemail Amy Kleinman, Youth and Family Initiatives Manager, at AKleinman@diabetes.org.
About American Diabetes Association - Los Angeles
611 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 900, Los Angeles, CA 90017, US
To prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
Californians are increasingly feeling the effects of diabetes as thousands of people suffer from the disease, and many others may have diabetes and not know it! It is estimated that one out of every three children born after 2000 in the United States will be directly affected by diabetes.
That is why the American Diabetes Association's Los Angeles office is so committed to educating the public about how to stop diabetes and support those living with the disease.
We are here to help.
Roosevelt Middle SchoolGlendale, CA 91205
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Physical Education
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers must dedicate 2 hours per week during the 6 week program