Lend Your Voice to Vulnerable Elders!
3 people are interested
Your voice and kindness are needed to advocate for elders in Long Term Care! Make a difference in the lives of our older neighbors!
Ethos' dedicated and passionate Ombudsman volunteers visit nursing facilities and rest homes in the City of Boston on a regular basis and meet with residents and their families. Ombudsmen advocate for quality of life issues such as timely response by nursing facility staff to requests for assistance, facility cleanliness and meals.
- Visit nursing facilities in Boston to meet with residents
- Interact with residents and their families
- Advocate for elder concerns
- Report unresolved issues
To Become an Ombudsman Volunteer, and give your voice in advocacy to resident of Long Term Care facilities, you must attend a 3-day training.
The next Ombudsman Certification training date is scheduled at Minuteman Senior Services - 26 Crosby Dr, Bedford, MA 01730. The dates are September 9,10 and 11. Training times are 9:30-4:30, day 1 and 2; and 9:30-3:30 day 3. Ethos will reimburse for travel to this training!
Interested? Questions? To learn more or get involved, please contact Meg Barhite at at 617-522-6700 x323 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
555 Amory Street, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130, US
Ethos promotes personal well-being, dignity and autonomy by delivering home and community-based care which supports family caregiving, fosters social interaction and reflects cultural diversity.
Ethos is a non-profit organization incorporated in 1973 (as Southwest Boston Senior Services) for the purpose of serving the elderly and handicapped of Roslindale, West Roxbury, southern Jamaica Plain, Hyde Park and western Mattapan. The agency provides approximately 4,000 people per year with services such as: case management, protective services, homemaker/personal care, transportation, congregate and home delivered meals and volunteer opportunities.
We'll work with your schedule.
555 Amory StreetBoston, MA 02130
- Patient Care
- Veteran Care
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Ombudsman volunteers visit their assigned facility, in Boston, each week. The days of the week and times of visit are completely flexible!
- To Become an Ombudsman Volunteer, and give your voice in advocacy to resident of Long Term Care facilities, you must attend a 3-day training. The next Ombudsman Certification training date is scheduled at Minuteman Senior Services - 26 Crosby