Ah, One Day.. Or.. Day ONE? Your Choice - Make Today Day ONE
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Ah, one day I am going to have time to help others.. don't wait for one day, make this day one! In ten minutes you have fill out an application and in ten days you can be onboard and ready to start helping others, making change in the world and being inspired by someone who rises to the challenge daily. One hour or two is all it takes, and of course you should have:
- a desire to help others;
- a pleasant demeanor;
- a good reading/speaking voice;
- average reading skills;
- organizational or planning abilities;
- a good driving record;
- a clear criminal history;
- two references
- access to a car with proof of insurance;
- a minimum of $50/100k liability and $5,000 of property damage coverage
About Department of Rehabilitation Services; Services for the Blind & LTCOP
185 Windsor Avenue, Windsor, CT 06095, US
BESB's mission is to enable its clients to become more self-sufficient and to maximize their participation in the community, at school and in employment settings. It is important to note that most people who are legally blind retain a significant degree of practical vision. Bureau of Education and Services for the Blind A Department of Rehabilitation Services Bureau LIVE. LEARN. WORK
Bureau of Education and Services for the Blind
A Department of Rehabilitation Services Bureau
Our programs, policies and practices are designed to promote employment, independence, equal access and self-sufficiency for people with disabilities. We strive to be a resource for information and technical assistance for other stakeholders in Connecticut as well.
We'll work with your schedule.
WallingfordWaterburyNew HavenYour Town, CT 06610
- Elder care
- Life Coaching
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Very flexible, work with your new friend for times/dates that are good for you both!
- You must have good follow through, be able to work well independently, make good decisions and COMMUNICATE. Six months is preferred.