Great Board Member opportunity with Badger Honor Flight!
2 people are interested
Director of Fundraising and Communications
Badger Honor Flight is seeking a volunteer board member to serve as our Director of Fundraising and Communications.
This Volunteer Board role will be responsible for the following:
- Developing and Facilitating BHF (Badger Honor Flight) publicity content in print, social media and interviews/speaking engagements
- Writing and disseminating press releases to all local media outlets
- Setting up local media interviews, speaking engagements as requested and arranging qualified speaker(s) to attend
- Making final decisions on pre-flight campaigns
- Recruiting media to go on flights and setting up photographers in both Madison and Washington DC for flight day
- Serving as the first point of contact for questions/information regarding fundraisers and ensuring requested fundraising events meet BHF event criteria
- Assigning point of contact for fundraising events, coordinating supplies needed and following up with success of event
- Direct Communication Team member (volunteers) and set priorities for the team's work.
This role requires the attending of monthly board meetings and the ability to attend most of the BHF flights and trainings. Fundraisers are year-round, communications portion will be focused before and during flight season.
For more information on time commitment and role responsibilities, please contact Tiffany Tobias at Fundraising@badgerhonorflight.org
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About BADGER HONOR FLIGHT INCORPORATED
PO Box 258066, Madison, WI 53725, US
Badger Honor Flight is a regional affiliate of the National Honor Flight Network. The purpose of the Honor Flight Network is to ensure that World War II, Korean War, Vietnam War and terminally ill Veterans from any war have the opportunity to see the memorials that have been erected in their honor. Badger Honor Flight provides all amenities to the Veterans, including all transportation and meals on the day of the flight. Everything is free to the Veterans because of how much they have sacrificed for this great country already.
adger Honor Flight (BHF) is a regional hub of the Honor Flight Network (r).
Badger Honor Flight is a non-profit organization created solely to honor America’s Veterans for all their sacrifices and to transport our heroes to Washington, D.C. to visit and reflect at their memorials. Top priority is given to the senior Veterans - World War II survivors, along with those other Veterans who may be terminally ill. There are currently 140 hubs in 45 states. BHF is currently accepting and flying World War II, Korean, and Vietnam War era Veterans. To date we have flown 34 flights from Madison, WI to Washington D.C., and just surpassed our 3000th Veteran. BHF is a 100% volunteer-staffed organization.
133 E. Lakeside StMADISON, WI 53725
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Social Media / Blogging
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check