1 person is interested
Communications and Public Relations Manager (Christy Schulte)
Description: Make-A-Wish Michigan believes wishes are a game-changer in a child's life, promoting the power of a wish through impactful storytelling. The Communications intern will strengthen our mission of creating life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses by curating a strong brand voice that connects with our current audience while reaching new ones.
· Support the MarComm department, and the entire chapter through communications, social media and public relations efforts.
· Write wish stories and volunteer spotlights for use on the website, in e-blasts and on social media.
· Engage with wish families by sending out questionnaires and conducting interviews.
· Think outside the box when seeking out stories about community partners, sponsors or anyone who helps the Make-A-Wish mission in Michigan.
· Write content for email campaigns and the fall newsletter.
· Assist in creating and publishing content on michigan.wish.org and secondary event sites that is relevant to the community.
· Assist in maintaining Make-A-Wish Michigan's archive of digital images, videos and other content.
· Assist with email analytics.
· Assist with media outreach leading up to the 33nd Annual Wish-A-Mile (r) Bicycle Tour.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Graduate degree program and able to receive college credit.
· Must possess the ability to work part-time (2-3 days) beginning of January 2020 through mid-May 2020.
· Experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop preferred.
About Make-A-Wish Michigan
7600 Grand River Avenue, BRIGHTON, MI 48114, US
Make-A-Wish Michigan grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
Make-A-Wish Michigan began in 1984 when Joshua, and 11-year-old from Tecumseh wished to go to the Walt Disney World Resort. Fifteen courageous children experienced a joy of a wish that first year. Since thenm the Foundation and its supporters have made wishes become reality for more than 7,000 children in our Michigan community.
7600 Grand River AvenueSuite 175Brighton, MI 48114
- Event Design & Planning
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Graphic Design / Print
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Must possess the ability to work part-time (2-3 days) beginning of January 2020 through mid-May 2020.
- HOW TO APPLY To apply for an internship position, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "DEPARTMENT Internship - Last Name, First Name" as the subject line (Example: VOLUNTEER SERVICES Internship - Last Name, First Name)