Human Services and Healthcare Internships Available
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
11 people are interested
How can you benefit by being an Intern?
- Build your resumé - volunteer experience shows proof of motivation, commitment, initiative, dependability, and flexibility
- Develop interpersonal skills
- Increase meaning and purpose in your life
- Experience significant opportunities for growth and development
- If you are serving field placement or class-required volunteer hours, we are happy to complete any reporting required by your school
Connect one-on-one with patients:
- Visit patients in facilities in an area near your school or home
- Read to patients, engage sensory and emotional memories, assist with life review and activities, give a hand massage
- Contribute to our patients’ quality of life just by being there
Contribute in a friendly office setting:
- No special skills needed; training provided.
- Assist with basic clerical work.
- If you’re comfortable with a computer, you can help with data entry and other more complex tasks.
- Gain knowledge of healthcare administration.
- Our office is open Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm.
We offer you:
- FREE TB test
- Extremely flexible assignments - daytime or evening, weekdays or weekends
- Convenient FREE training that fits your schedule
About Holisticare Hospice
1144 Hooper Avenue #208, Toms River, NJ 08753, US
From its inception, the mission of Holisticare Hospice has been to ensure that end-of-life care envelops the patient, their caregivers, and their families with spiritual and physical comfort. Forgoing curative treatment and opting for a palliative approach allows hospice care to be provided where the patient lives, surrounded by family and friends with the support of experienced healthcare professionals.
Hospice is a type of care and a philosophy of care that focuses on the palliation of a terminally ill patient’s symptoms. These symptoms can be physical, emotional, spiritual or social in nature. Hospice care is provided to people that have a limited life expectancy and choose comfort and relief from pain and other symptoms.
We'll work with your schedule.
Rutgers -New Brunswick100 Sutphen RoadPiscataway, NJ 08854
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 4 hours per week