Emergency Ambassador Volunteer
1 person is interested
- Answer the telephone
- Take empty food trays to food cart
- Fill blanket warmer with blankets and gowns
- Fill thermometers with probes (green/white box in Pyxsis)
- Disinfectant beds, cords, trays, chairs after patient is discharged (check with nurse)
- Make bed with new sheet and put blanket and robe on chair
- Give warm blankets to patients
- Offer chairs and coffee to visitors (chair in every room)
- Break Room - make coffee, refresh sugar/cream/coffee containers
- Check in waiting room - pick-up magazines
- Restock rooms with gloves and Cavi wipes as needed
- Round with patients/visitors. Keep in touch with the patient’s nurse (on white board).
About Northwestern Medicine
4201 Medical Center Drive, Mchenry, IL 60050, US
We are an organization of caregivers who aspire to consistently provide high quality care, cost-effectiveness and patient satisfaction. We seek to improve the health of the communities we serve by delivering a broad range of services with sensitivity to the individual needs of our patients and their families. We are bonded in an essential academic and service relationship with the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. The quality of our services is enhanced through their integration with education and research in an environment that encourages excellence of practice, critical inquiry and learning. Our vision is to be a nationally recognized academic, integrated health system recognized for providing excellent clinical quality and outcomes, and highly skilled physicians and employees.
NM Volunteer Services Vision Statement - To provide meaningful volunteer opportunities for individuals to engage with Northwestern Medicine to enhance the patient experience and improve the health of the communities we serve.
We'll work with your schedule.
10400 Haligus RdHuntley, IL 60142
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One 4 hour shift per week - either 8:00 am - noon, noon - 4:00 or 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions in a calm and effective manner while maintaining critical attention to detail Excellent interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively and presents a positive and professional image