Special Olympics Florida - Miami-Dade Sports Intern
10 people are interested
- Assist with preparing for sports competitions, including but not limited to:
o tracking registration numbers
o Preparing materials for the competition
o putting together supplies for competitions
o entering scores after the competitions.
- Maintain current and accurate coaches’ contact information.
- Assist with maintaining current school and agency listings.
- Obtained or currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree
- Fluent in English, written and verbal
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Commitment to meeting assigned deadlines
- Effective communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office programs
- Available to attend and volunteer at weekend competitions
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Special Olympics Florida - Miami-Dade County
155 South Miami Avenue, Suite 203, Miami, FL 33130, US
The mission of Special Olympics Florida is to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for all children and adults with intellectual disabilities who wish to participate, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
The ultimate goal of Special Olympics is to help persons with intellectual disabilities participate as productive and respected members of society at large, by offering them a fair opportunity to develop and demonstrate their skills and talents through sports training and competition, and by increasing the public’s awareness of their capabilities and needs.
155 South Miami AvenueSuite 200MiamiMiami, FL 33130
- Child Development
- Community Outreach
- Outdoor Recreation
- Four to ten hours per week for a minimum of four months, or sixteen week school semester. Specific schedule to be agreed upon by Intern, Volunteer Manager, and Department Supervisor.