31 people are interested
31 people are interested
Put your energy and passion to use and become part of a local non-profit organization! Do you love to make a difference in the community you live in? Do you want to help an agency whose mission is to move people forward? Are you detailed-oriented, analytical, and inquisitive? Then this internship is perfect for you!
Under the direction of the Managing Director of Critical Services or the Managing Director of Child Care, the Research Intern is responsible for conducting research and analyzing results for process improvement and community awareness for Waypoint’s focus areas. Waypoint programs include: KidsPoint Child Care, Housing & Homeless Services, and Domestic Violence Victim Services.
Part-time with flexible hours between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Semester commitments are preferred, but can be adjusted to fit your schedule. Some work may be able to be done off-site outside of regular business hours.
PRINICIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct research project(s) as determined by Waypoint staff
- Provide feedback on current project(s) or ideas for future research projects
- Work closely with staff and clients to collect data
- Collaborate with other community organizations when necessary
- Input data into tracking system
- Analyze data and present results to Waypoint staff
- Assist with other tasks as assigned
- Pursuing or have completed a post-secondary degree in Psychology, Sociology, a science related field, or other related fields
- Previous research experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN:
- Collaboration on/completion of a research project to include on your resume
- An understanding of the dynamics of homelessness, child abuse, domestic violence, substance abuse, and mental illness and how these factors impact poverty and oppression
- A sensitivity to working with families of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds
About Waypoint Services
318 5th Street SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401, US
To strengthen and empower individuals who are homeless, living in poverty, or victims of domestic violence; and give children access to gaining the essential skills vital to reaching their full potential through quality child care.
Aiding individuals experiencing crisis due to homelessness, poverty, or domestic violence, Waypoint serves as a vital community resource. Throughout its 121-year history, Waypoint has dedicated itself to providing human services that meet the ever-evolving needs of area women, children, and families.
318 5th Street SECedar Rapids, IA 52401
September 16, 2021
- Data Entry
- Time commitment is flexible with hours available Monday-Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Some work may be able to be done outside of the office.