Church & Community Engagement Specialist
Are you concerned about growing injustice in the United States? Are you moved by your faith to stand with those facing threats to their basic human rights? As a Church & Community Engagement Associate at Justice Revival, you will be reaching out to engage communities of Christian faith in a growing faith-based movement for justice and human rights.
Justice Revival is a faith-based organization committed to educating, inspiring, and mobilizing Christian communities to stand in solidarity with the oppressed and defend the human rights of all. We are a dynamic, early phase nonprofit in need of an energetic, motivated volunteer Church and Community Engagement Coordinator.
This role involves outreach and relationship building with churches, student groups, and others in the DC, Maryland, and Virginia region. You will play a vital role in empowering communities of faith to grow and develop their witness for justice by providing resources and support for human rights education and advocacy.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the Justice Revival’s mission and core messages
- Identify and cultivate relationships with Christian faith communities in the DC/MD/VA area that share a commitment to justice and human rights
- Identify and cultivate relationships with faith leaders in the DC/MD/VA area responsible for justice programs in their congregations or denominations
- Cultivate opportunities for Justice Revival to teach, preach, and speak to congregations, fellowships, and student groups on justice and human rights
- Coordinate and provide support for speaking engagements
- Create worship and educational resources for churches related to justice and human rights
- Participate in Justice Revival events and serve as an ambassador at ecumenical and interfaith advocacy events
- Maintain a database of church and community contacts
- Bachelors’ degree required; graduate education (in religion, divinity, or other relevant subject) preferred
- Background in one of the following: Christian education, church leadership, church and community organizing, ministry
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability and desire to work with diverse Christian communities
- Willingness and ability to prioritize Justice Revival
- Initiative, creativity, flexibility, and an entrepreneurial spirit
- A contagious passion for our cause
About Justice Revival
1875 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20009, US
Our mission is to inspire, educate, and mobilize Christian communities to fulfill the biblical call to justice by standing in solidarity with the oppressed and defending the human rights of all.
Justice Revival is a diverse, inclusive community of Christian faith, dedicated to serving as a voice for human rights in the United States. In a country deeply divided about what justice requires, we affirm that justice means upholding the inherent human rights of all people, especially those on the margins-the widow and the orphan, the prisoner and the stranger. We inspire Christian communities with knowledge and understanding of human rights, and unite with them to promote a world free from injustice.
Our MissionOur mission is to inspire, educate, and mobilize Christian communities to respond faithfully to the call to justice by standing in solidarity with the oppressed and defending the human rights of all.
What We Do
Education: We provide innovative Christian education programs that explore human rights from historical, legal, theological, and spiritual perspectives, emphasizing the support human rights finds within the Christian tradition. We advance the Christian case for rights through public thought leadership.
Advocacy: We marshal intellectual, cultural, and spiritual resources of the Christian faith to advocate with a prophetic voice for justice and rights for all.
Collaboration: We forge relationships and foster collaboration between Christian and human rights communities. We pursue alliances with diverse religious, interfaith, and secular movements for justice and human rights.
We'll work with your schedule.
WeWork1875 Connecticut Ave NWWashington, DC 20009
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Program Management
- Community Outreach
- Faith-based Leadership
- Relationship Building
- People Skills
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours/week