55 people are interested
Hire Autism Navigator
ORGANIZATION: Organization for Autism Research
Please visit the new page to apply.
55 people are interested
Do you want to directly help adults with autism get a job? Job seekers with autism are among the many unemployed right now facing extra challenges and can use your help! Apply today at https://www.hireautism.org/navigator-application/
We are looking for volunteers with business, management, and human resources experience to serve as Hire Autism Navigators and help autistic adults refine their resumes and cover letters and prepare for job interviews.
The expected volunteer commitment is 1-2 hours per week for three months. Familiarity with autism is a plus, but it is not a prerequisite. Volunteers must complete our Navigator training and successfully pass a background check before being eligible to begin working with a Hire Autism job seeker.
The ideal volunteer will have a record of success in their professional career, excellent verbal and written communication skills, a commitment to Hire Autism’s mission, and the desire to serve as a positive role model.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct weekly phone/video call with an assigned job seeker
- Provide feedback in the form of comments on the job seeker’s resume and cover letter
- Help job seeker identify and search for jobs commensurate with their skills and qualifications
- Support job seeker with interview preparation
- Answer general job search questions and teach basic employment-related skills
- Document and report progress to Hire Autism staff on a biweekly basis
- Promote job seeker’s autonomy and independence by embracing a "do-it-with, not do-it-for" coaching style
- 10+ years of leadership, management, HR, or related experience
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Experience as a business owner, hiring manager, or similar
- Competence in Google Docs, online searching, and virtual communication
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Organization for Autism Research
2111 Wilson Blvd., Suite 401, Arlington, VA 22201, US
The Organization for Autism Research (OAR) is a national nonprofit organization formed and led by relatives of children and adults with autism and Asperger Syndrome. OAR's mission is to put appied research to work providing answers to questions that parents, families, individuals with autism, teachers and caregivers confront every day. OAR accomplishes this by funding research studies designed to investigate treatments, educational approaches, and statistical aspects of the autism community. No other autism organization has this singular focus.
OAR's work addresses those issues that individuals with autism, their families, caregivers, and teachers encounter each day. Wherever possible, OAR makes its information and resources available to parents and educators at no cost. But we need the help of both generous donors and caring volunteers to cintinue this mission. From event hosting and planning, to spreading the word about OAR to the autism community, a broad range of opportunities exist for those who wish to help in this important work.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 15, 2022
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Special Needs
- Life Coaching
- Social Work
- Human Resources Diversity
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 30
- Orientation or Training
- 1 - 2 hours each week for 3 months