Movie Night Series at Gathering Place
8 people are interested
Gathering Place Movie Night Series
Volunteers assist with Movie Series program facilitation including greeting guests, providing directions, help staff with simple event set up, management and breakdown of performance and hospitality areas as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
- Assists production/events/programming team with setup for Movie Event.
- Able to greet program participants and answer questions as needed.
- Deals courteously and effectively with the public at all times
- Responds promptly to guests needs
- Adheres to all safety regulations and policies and procedures and helps maintain a safe and productive environment for guests, volunteers and staff
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions including damaged property in a timely manner
- Responds to emergencies and alarm calls as needed
Skills and Experience:
- Requires the ability to interact with guests, officials, and staff on a regular basis
- Outstanding customer service
- Basic level written and verbal communication in the English Language
- Bilingual experience is a plus, but not required
- You may be working closely with performers, and volunteers must be calm and collective around nationally recognized talent (if volunteers cannot do this, they will be removed from their station)
Shift Days and Times:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a volunteer to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires substantial standing; moderate walking; minimal sitting; minimal reaching with hands and arms; no climbing or balancing; minimal stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling; substantial talking or hearing; substantial lifting up to 20 pounds; moderate lifting 20 to 60 pounds; minimal lifting more than 60 pounds.
The environment characteristics described here are representative of those a volunteer encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Substantial performance in wet or humid conditions; minimal performance near moving mechanical part;, no performance in high precarious place; no performance with or around fumes or airborne particles; no performance with or near toxic or caustic chemicals; substantial performance in outdoor weather conditions; moderate performance with moderate noise level; moderate performance with loud noise level.
About GATHERING PLACE
2650 S John Williams Way E, TULSA, OK 74114, US
Gathering Place is a world class riverfront park designed to welcome all Tulsans to a vibrant and inclusive public space that engages, educates and excites! Our vision is to add to the vitality and growth of Tulsa by enhancing the quality of life for all; to be an economic influencer, by positively impacting the city's civic and fiscal growth plans; and to assist Tulsa in being recognized as a vibrant, inclusive regional destination.
A project of George Kaiser Family Foundation, we are committed to creating a culture that supports the overall mission of equal opportunity for all. We are committed to creating a public gathering space that is a recreational, civic and cultural destination for all walks of life to enjoy, promoting inclusivity in our city. We are committed to enhancing the River Parks system while preserving the area’s natural ambiance and integrating the new space into the greater surrounding area. We are committed to Tulsa, to all who live here and to all who visit, that they may be positively inspired to play, learn, interact, relax and gather together.
We'll work with your schedule.
2650 S John Williams Way ETulsa, OK 74114
- Visual Arts
- Theater Arts
- Exhibition Arts
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hour shifts
- Must complete volunteer application, interview, background check and orientation. Apply to volunteer today at https://www.gatheringplace.org/volunteer.