Art Start Program Volunteer
3 people are interested
Art Start Program Volunteer
Art Start program volunteers assist artists with art activities to diverse audiences, assist in the setup and cleanup of supplies and equipment, and monitor inventory of materials by making sure all items are accounted for at the end of every shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
- Facilitate educational programs and activities to diverse audiences
- Assist in the setup and cleanup of supplies, equipment, and program spaces. Examples include tables, chairs, art supplies, etc.
- Monitor inventory of materials by making sure all items are accounted for at end of every shift.
- Deals courteously and effectively with the public at all times
- Responds promptly to guests needs
- Adheres to all safety regulations and policies and procedures and helps maintain a safe and productive environment for guests, volunteers and staff
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions including damaged property in a timely manner
- Responds to emergencies and alarm calls as needed
Skills and Experience:
- Requires the ability to interact with guests, officials, and staff on a regular basis
- Outstanding customer service
- Basic level written and verbal communication in the English Language
- Bilingual experience is a plus, but not required
Educational and Training Requirements:
- Attends required orientations and training led by Gathering Place Staff
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a volunteer to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires substantial standing; moderate walking; minimal sitting; moderate reaching with hands and arms; minimal climbing or balancing; minimal stooping, crouching, kneeling, crawling; substantial talking and hearing; moderate lifting up to 20 pounds; minimal lifting 20 to 60 pounds; minimal lifting over 60 pounds.
- The environment characteristics described here are representative of those a volunteer encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires minimal performance in wet or humid conditions; moderate performance with moderate noise level; minimal performance with loud noise level.
- Second Saturday of the Month from 9:30 AM - 12:15 PM
- Boathouse, Activity Space 1
About GATHERING PLACE
2650 S John Williams Way E, TULSA, OK 74114, US
Gathering Place is a world class riverfront park designed to welcome all Tulsans to a vibrant and inclusive public space that engages, educates and excites! Our vision is to add to the vitality and growth of Tulsa by enhancing the quality of life for all; to be an economic influencer, by positively impacting the city's civic and fiscal growth plans; and to assist Tulsa in being recognized as a vibrant, inclusive regional destination.
A project of George Kaiser Family Foundation, we are committed to creating a culture that supports the overall mission of equal opportunity for all. We are committed to creating a public gathering space that is a recreational, civic and cultural destination for all walks of life to enjoy, promoting inclusivity in our city. We are committed to enhancing the River Parks system while preserving the area’s natural ambiance and integrating the new space into the greater surrounding area. We are committed to Tulsa, to all who live here and to all who visit, that they may be positively inspired to play, learn, interact, relax and gather together.
We'll work with your schedule.
2650 S John Williams Way ETulsa, OK 74114
- Visual Arts
- Exhibition Arts
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hour shifts
- Must complete volunteer application, interview, background check and orientation. Apply to volunteer today at https://www.gatheringplace.org/volunteer.