Assist Seniors to their appointments
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Thriving Downtown is a program of Project High Hopes, a 501(c)3 operating foundation. We provide transportation and assistance to Senior Citizens in downtown San Diego (zip codes 92101 and 92103). Thriving Downtown has been operating since 2013 and has aided more than 500 clients.
We need volunteers to assist with our growing client list. Most of our clients need transportation to and from appointments, but we also assist with shopping, pet care and connections to other community services. Learn more about Thriving Downtown by visiting www.projecthighhopes.org .
All of our services are free of charge to our clients. We are recruiting volunteers to join us.
We hope you can help!
- Pick up clients and take them to appointments. Stay with clients during their appointments and return them to their homes
- Pick up clients to run errands. Provide assistance, as needed, in delivering groceries and other items to their homes.
- Flexible schedule - you select the rides based on your availability
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license and car with insurance (Thriving Downtown will reimburse mileage
- A background check will be required. All fees associated with the background check will be paid by Project High Hopes.
- At least 21 years old
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
Zip Code 92101Zip Code 92103San DIego, CA 92101
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Approximately 4 hours on 1-2 days per week Flexible Hours - primarily between 8am - 4pm