IT Professionals: Teaching kids about Information Technology
Our mission with the MegaBites Program is to expand IT educational opportunities for students, ages 6-15, throughout the Fox Cities. Quality after school programs provide an array of positive youth development benefits, including creating supportive connections to caring adults, and have demonstrated results in promoting learning, increasing school attachment, and narrowing the opportunity gap for disadvantaged populations.MegaBites Topics
- Image editing with PhotoShop and Pixlr
- Video creation using Adobe software
- Web development using HTML, CSS, and Dreamweaver
- IT security
- Team-building skills
- Color editing
- Digital photography
- Blog writing
- Computer hardware identification and construction
- Using Google as a research tool
Implementing MegaBites across the Fox Cities will achieve the following results for participating Club members:
- Change and improve attitudes toward and perceptions of STEM
- Enhance awareness and understanding of STEM, including STEM careers
- Increase the number of students who choose to pursue IT education in high school and beyond
- Increase the number of students who gain familiarity with FVTC and its IT-related educational opportunities
- Increase the number of students with a plan for a future in an IT-related field at the time of their high school graduation
- Higher need students increase their connection to caring adults and the community
- MegaBites is offered at 5 school sites and at our Menasha Club.
- At each location, the MegaBites Program will consist of two six-week sessions each semester
- One 50-minute class per week throughout the six-week session
- We anticipate an average of 12 students will participate in each six-week cycle
- Anticipated total number served: 288
The first MegaBites Sessions begin on October 7th, 2019 and runs through November 11th, 2019. Don't wait to get connected to this incredible opportunity for both you as a professional and for the youth we serve in our community!
Please reach out to Sam Packard with any questions or to get started. firstname.lastname@example.org or (920) 750 - 5834
About Boys & Girls Clubs of the Fox Valley
160 S BADGER AVE, APPLETON, WI 54914, US
To inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
Boys & Girls Clubs build character through everyday leadership and guidance in behavior and attitude. Young people of all ethnicities, races and creeds join together in wholesome recreation and leadership.
Trained professional staff provide positive adult mentors and role models. Nationally recognized programs help young people succeed in school, stay healthy, learn important life skills, pursue interests in the arts and sports, and explore vocational choices.
Most importantly, the Boys & Girls Club shows youngsters that someone cares, wants them to realize their full potential and to BE GREAT!
160 S. Badger AveAppletonAppleton, WI 54914
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Software Engineering
- Computer Science
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour each week for 5 weeks