9 people are interested
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP-Dallas
9 people are interested
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP - DALLAS
PREFERED MAJORS: Marketing, Communications, Journalism
FOCUS OF THE INTERNSHIP:
- Learn about the importance of marketing in development at a nonprofit
- Become a better storyteller and writer
- Gain an understanding of how to work within brand standards and a specific voice to create relevant content
- Learn how to help raise funds for an organization through marketing
- Interview families, volunteers, etc. after a wish is granted
- Write wish stories and volunteer spotlights
- Help with writing for social media post
- Help plan, design and build Instagram stories
- Create designs for emails and social media
- Help create collateral for partners and external event
- Support Communications Manager in other duties as assigned
Intern will working out of the Lubbock Regional Office.
Must be able to complete 10 hours per week; flexible schedule
Submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Make-A-Wish North Texas
16803 Dallas Parkway, Ste. 100, Addison, TX 75001, US
Since 1980, Make-A-Wish has been creating life-changing wish experiences for children with critical illnesses around the world. Wishes have proven physical and emotional benefits that can give children with critical illnesses a higher chance of survival. When a wish is granted, a child replaces fear with confidence, sadness with joy and anxiety with hope. Wishes even reunite families and enrich entire communities. Every eligible child needs a wish to count on!
Wishes are more than just a nice thing! A wish experience can be a game-changer for a child with a critical illness.
This one belief guides us in everything we do at Make-A-Wish (r). It inspires us to grant wishes that change the lives of the kids we serve. It compels us to be creative in exceeding the expectations of every wish kid. It drives us to make our donated resources go as far as possible.
Most of all, it's the founding principle of our vision to grant the wish of every eligible child.
Wishes are more than just a nice thing. And they are far more than gifts, or singular events in time. Wishes impact everyone involved - wish kids, volunteers, donors, sponsors, medical professionals and communities. The impact varies. For wish kids, just the act of making their wish come true can give them the courage to comply with their medical treatments. Parents might finally feel like they can be optimistic. And still others might realize all they have to offer the world through volunteer work or philanthropy.
Whatever the odds, whatever the obstacles ... wishes find a way to make the world better.
16803 Dallas Parkway, Ste. 100Addison, TX 75001
November 9, 2021
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18