12 people are interested
Volunteer Services Intern Needed! - North Texas/El Paso
ORGANIZATION: Make-A-Wish North Texas
Please visit the new page to apply.
12 people are interested
We depend on people like you! Are you looking for an educational internship? Then you can help bring the joy of wish experiences to kids with life threatening medical conditions. You can join a network of caring people, across the 161 counties this chapter serves in Texas, who make it possible for Make-A-Wish kids to live their one true wish!
Mission: Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses.
- Research and Analysis
- Critical Thinking
- Time Management
- Nonprofit Industry Best Practices
- Technical Proficiency
- Relationship Management
- Communication and Collaboration
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Track progress, deadlines, and priorities of all projects
- Research best practices with other Make-A-Wish Chapters and within nonprofits
- Assisting with volunteer trainings, including managing chat box, content delivery, follow-up communications, etc.
- Assist with scheduling volunteer mentor and/or re-assignment requests and updating volunteer records
- Processing monthly years of service/wish milestones reports and send volunteers appropriate recognition items
- Assisting with special project such as special event planning
- Assist with creating content for weekly and monthly Facebook and newsletters for volunteers
- Keeping volunteer database up-to-date and accurate
- Perform a variety of other regular clerical & organizational tasks integral to the success of Volunteer Services Team
- Good communication
- Planning and research skills
- Salesforce CRM
- Creative Writing
- Problem-solving skills
- Active listening skills
- Database management
- Microsoft office
- Bilingual- Spanish
This Intern position would be from January 9th, 2023- May 12th, 2023.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Volunteer Manager, Volunteer Services - Anna Haro at email@example.com
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Make-A-Wish North Texas
16803 Dallas Parkway, Ste. 100, Addison, TX 75001, US
Since 1980, Make-A-Wish has been creating life-changing wish experiences for children with critical illnesses around the world. Wishes have proven physical and emotional benefits that can give children with critical illnesses a higher chance of survival. When a wish is granted, a child replaces fear with confidence, sadness with joy and anxiety with hope. Wishes even reunite families and enrich entire communities. Every eligible child needs a wish to count on!
Wishes are more than just a nice thing! A wish experience can be a game-changer for a child with a critical illness.
This one belief guides us in everything we do at Make-A-Wish (r). It inspires us to grant wishes that change the lives of the kids we serve. It compels us to be creative in exceeding the expectations of every wish kid. It drives us to make our donated resources go as far as possible.
Most of all, it's the founding principle of our vision to grant the wish of every eligible child.
Wishes are more than just a nice thing. And they are far more than gifts, or singular events in time. Wishes impact everyone involved - wish kids, volunteers, donors, sponsors, medical professionals and communities. The impact varies. For wish kids, just the act of making their wish come true can give them the courage to comply with their medical treatments. Parents might finally feel like they can be optimistic. And still others might realize all they have to offer the world through volunteer work or philanthropy.
Whatever the odds, whatever the obstacles ... wishes find a way to make the world better.
16803 Dallas Parkway, Ste. 100Addison, TX 75001
December 9, 2022
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 15 hrs/week Monday-Friday
- Intern can be located in North Texas or El Paso.