Include Me Puppet Show
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
At Nevada PEP, our Include Me programs mission is to combat bullying for children with disabilities, by having an inclusive program for young children ranging from pre-k to fifth grade. The way we do this is by showing the children that it is okay to be different by having a puppet show with multiple characters with visible and non-visible disabilities act out situations where bullying is present and ways to solve it in a constructive, safe, and healthy way.
- The Include Me program is in need of volunteers who;
- Are dedicated to create a bridge between students with and without disabilities;
- Who are comfortable speaking in public to large crowds of young children;
- Spend time at rehearsal learning scripts;
- and learning how to operating puppets;
If you are unsure of your confidence in any of these areas, but you still want to participate, that’s okay! We can work on building your confidence so that you can be an exceptional puppeteer. Becoming a volunteer will give you multiple skills that you can use, such as;
- Development of interpersonal skills
- Learn about what Nevada PEP does and how we support the community.
- Learned experience and a possible reference for future career opportunities.
- Participate in community based outreach and educational planning
- Participation in fun and friendships that will last a life time.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Nevada PEP, Inc.
7211 W Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89117, US
To increase the opportunities for home,community and school success for children with disabilities, including those who are at risk or who have serious emotional disturbances, their families and their service providers, through education, encouragement and empowerment activities.
Nevada PEP is the only statewide Parent Training and Information Center for families who have children with disabilities and the professionals who support them. Nevada PEP is also the Statewide Family Network for families who have children with emotional and behavioral health needs. Nevada PEP believes that the family is the fundamental unity in society. Our philosophy is that children with disabilities, without regard for the nature and severity of the disability, have an inherent value, that all life has a purpose, that communnites benefit from providing appropriate interventions and that individuals with disabilties make valuable contributions to society.
We'll work with your schedule.
7211 W Charleston BlvdLas VegasLas Vegas, NV 89117
- Child Development
- Community Outreach
- Public Speaking
- Special Needs
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Call or email Whitney McIntyre for more details at email@example.com or (702) 388-8899.