DIY & Home Improvement Blog Writer - Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish
Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County
A volunteer is needed to come up with DIY and home improvement project ideas using Habitat Store supplies. They will need to complete the project, take photos, and write about it. The purpose of this blog is to provide the public with how-to instructions for inexpensive DIY projects and home improvement solutions and to showcase items sold in our Habitat Stores.
The DIY blogger will be responsible for:
- Producing 3-5 blog posts per month with corresponding photos, videos (when appropriate), and social media posts
- Coming up with DIY projects and home improvement ideas and executing those ideas
- Documenting DIY and home improvement projects in writing and with photos to use for the blog
- Developing creative blog content with the focus being on inexpensive projects with most supplies and materials purchased at The Habitat Store
- Creative, with some DIY and/or home improvement experience. Willing to learn and try new techniques and projects to produce great content.
- Basic photography and/or video skills. Must have own equipment for taking high quality photos and/or video.
- Desire to create projects on a budget.
- Interest in inspiring others to shop at The Habitat Store for home improvement and DIY projects.
- Excellent writing and communication skills preferred; we can provide editing if needed.
Volunteer location is negotiable - the volunteer can complete the work from home or at one of our locations, if preferred. Must be able to shop The Habitat Store for supplies - preferably all three locations - and transport supplies to workspace.
The volunteer will coordinate all work with and report to the Volunteer Engagement Manager.
About Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County
16929 Highway 99, Suite 100, Lynnwood, WA 98037, US
Seeking to put God's love into action, Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County brings people together to build homes, community and hope. We envision a world where everyone has a decent and affordable place to live.
Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County is a registered charity and 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in Washington. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. Through financial support and volunteering, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Through shelter, we empower.