Certified Pet Therapy Volunteers Wanted!
4 people are interested
We are looking for Certified Pet Therapy Volunteers
Hospice pet therapy volunteers work in their own community on a schedule that fits their availability.
Pet therapy volunteers provide patients with:
- Companion visits to the patients home or wherever the patient resides
- Comfort and companionship through animals to relive anxiety, depression, pain, and loneliness
- Handlers must recognize it its appropriate to stay or excuse themselves when death is near (THIS IS IN TRAINING)
- Volunteers are required to go through the "human" training and onboarding process; including background check, TB testing, and new volunteer orientation training. (All onboarding requirements are free of charge to volunteers.)
About Hospice Compassus
801 S Waverly Rd, Lansing, MI 48917, US
The Colleagues of Compassus are committed to keeping The Hospice Promise by delivering the highest quality of care, serving the needs of patients and families and spreading the stories of hospice to those with whom they come into contact.
Compassus is a nationwide network of community-based hospice, palliative and home health care services. Our mission is to offer comfort and hope to patients and families facing serious illness. We support that mission with a commitment to three core values: Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence.
We are a Nashville, Tennessee-based company founded in 2006, but with roots in hospice reaching back to 1979. Today, we have more than 150 local programs in 35 states across the U.S. Our goals are to provide the highest quality care in every community in which we serve and to be both the provider and employer of choice.Our Code of Ethical Conduct is based upon our shared core values of Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence, which guide our actions.
We'll work with your schedule.
801 South Waverly RoadSuite 200LansingLansing, MI 48917
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours monthly preferred