During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
Health Care Advocacy Involves getting to know one of our members (people 40-90 living in their own homes and "aging in community") who have an ongoing or time-limited health issue. It may also involve any or all of the following:
1. Going to doctor appointments, possibly providing transportation
2. Taking notes at doctor visits or elsewhere
3. Reviewing the appointment with the member afterwards
4. Accompanying the member to surgery
5. Visiting the member in the hospital or skilled nursing facility afterwards
6. Advocating with health care professionals to assure high quality care
7. Making sure the member is listened to and included by the caring professionals
8. Participating in training as needed or desired
1145 10th Ave E, #306, Seattle, WA 98102, US
Wider Horizons' mission is to enable older residents of Central Seattle to participate in an intergenerational community that shares knowledge, experience and services with each other so living is easier and more joyful.
Wider Horizons does this by providing, vetting, and recommending resources to adults so they can remain in their own homes for as along as they choose. We offer members a harmonious blend of health and in-home services, shared social and cultural activities, and community engagement--all designed to foster belonging, security and contribution.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
June 29, 2020