Corner Store Volunteer
5 people are interested
Corner Health CenterPurpose:
Volunteers will lead day to day operations of the Store and Food Pantry under staff supervision. The Corner Store is a safety net program that provides beneficial tangible support for Corner patients. Patients earn points each time they visit the Corner Health Center. They may redeem their points for merchandise in the Corner Store. The Store is stocked with a variety of personal care items, household goods, and infant care products. A free food pantry is included in the Store to provide patients with access to healthy food.Time Commitment:
Minimum donation of 2-4 hours/week
Corner team members, including staff, interns, other volunteers and our youth.Duties and Responsibilities: Tasks may vary depending on which shift being worked.
- Check volunteer calendar for scheduled daily tasks
- Greet patients in lobby and assist and with their shopping experience in the Corner Store
- Encourage patients to take advantage of healthy pantry options, useful Store products and free basic care items
- If applicable, share information about Corner programs and/or services
- Record and maintain accurate data of client’s visit/items selected
- Maintain accurate inventory of all store and pantry items
- Organize, restock, "price" Store items
- Light cleaning (sweeping, dusting, wipe down fridge etc.)
- Responsible for accurately checking in and out in the volunteer binder at the front desk.
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Maintaining privacy and confidentiality of all personal information
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to stand, lift, walk and bend
- Physical capability to lift up to 20lbs. Accommodations can be made as needed
- Comfortable working with people of varying socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, and ethnic diversity
- Personal awareness and emotional maturity
- Volunteer orientation
- On the job training/shadowing in store with Corner Health staff
- Wear comfortable, appropriate clothes for the assigned daily tasks such as jeans and volunteer t-shirt.
- Close toed shoes
- Volunteer badge and nametag must be worn during volunteer shift in a visible location.
About CORNER HEALTH CENTER
47 N HURON ST, YPSILANTI, MI 48197, US
Our mission is to provide judgment-free, high-quality, affordable health services to young people aged 12 through 25.
Started in 1981, the Corner Health Center has been a cornerstone for health care among Washtenaw County youth.
We'll work with your schedule.
47 N. Huron St.YpsilantiYpsilanti, MI 48197
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours a week
- Be personable and comfortable working with diverse population