8 people are interested
Corner Store Volunteer
8 people are interested
Corner Health Center, 47 N Huron St, Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Volunteers will lead day to day operations of the Store and Food Pantry under staff supervision. The Corner Store is a safety net program that provides beneficial tangible support for Corner patients. It is stocked with a variety of personal care items, household goods, and infant care products. A free food pantry is included in the Store to provide patients with access to healthy food.
Minimum donation of 4 hours/week requested. Current shift openings: Monday afternoons, Tuesday mornings, Wednesday afternoons, Thursday mornings, and Friday afternoons.
Corner team members, including staff, interns, other volunteers and our youth.
Duties and Responsibilities: Tasks may vary depending on which shift being worked.
- Check volunteer calendar/bulletin for requested daily tasks
- Assist patients with their shopping experience in the Corner Store
- Record and maintain accurate data of client’s visit/items selected
- Maintain accurate inventory of all store and pantry items
- Organize and restock items
- Light cleaning (sweeping, dusting, wipe down fridge etc.)
- Responsible for accurately signing in and out of the volunteer binder each shift
- Encourage patients to take advantage of healthy pantry options, useful Store products, and share information about Corner programs and/or services
- *This role can also expand/evolve into other tasks if after you gain experience as the Store volunteer you would like to explore additional responsibilities
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Maintaining privacy and confidentiality of all personal information
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to stand, lift, walk and bend, and go up and down stairs
- Physical capability to lift up to 20lbs. Accommodations can be made as needed
- Comfortable working with people of varying socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, and ethnic diversity
- Personal awareness and emotional maturity
- Volunteer orientation
- On the job training/shadowing in store with Corner Health staff
- Wear comfortable, appropriate clothes for the assigned daily tasks such as jeans and volunteer t-shirt.
- Close toed shoes
- Volunteer badge and nametag must be worn during volunteer shift in a visible location.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Corner’s hours?
We are open Monday 9am - 5pm, Tuesday 9am - 6pm, Wednesday 1pm-5pm, Thursday 9am-5pm and Friday 9am - 5pm. For an appointment call 734.484.360. Same day appointments are often available.
Where is the Corner located?
The Corner is located in downtown Ypsilanti at 47 N. Huron Street, between Michigan Avenue and Pearl Street. There is a free 2-hour city parking lot next to the Corner Health Center. We are two blocks from the downtown AATA transit center. Patients can get free bus tokens to get to and from appointments.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About CORNER HEALTH CENTER
47 N HURON ST, YPSILANTI, MI 48197, US
Our mission is to provide judgment-free, high-quality, affordable health services to young people aged 12 through 25.
Started in 1981, the Corner Health Center has been a cornerstone for health care among Washtenaw County youth.
47 N. Huron St.YpsilantiYpsilanti, MI 48197
September 3, 2021
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4+ hours a week. This position is for a weekly shift - has the same start and end time each week.
- Seeking folks who are personable and comfortable working with diverse populations.