The Healing Power of Presence: Hospice Therapy Dogs Needed for Hugs and Solace
4 people are interested
SSM Health at Home couldn’t provide the exceptional hospice care that we do without our human and canine volunteers. Volunteers make meaningful contributions to the lives of our patients and caregivers as well as our hospice team. Bring your certified pet therapy furry friend on visits with hospice patients in homes and nursing facilities throughout the St. Louis area:
- Provide companionship and comfort to the patient and/or family
- Give caregivers an opportunity to run errands, make doctors' appointments or get some exercise while staying with the patient in his/her home (2+ hours per visit).
- Support the patient's family after the loss of the loved one by visiting with family members during their period of bereavement.
Contact Sharon Christopher, Volunteer Coordinator with SSM Health at Home St. Louis Hospice, at 314.989.2858.
Schedules are flexible -- evening and weekend visits are available as well as visiting during the week!
About SSM Health at Home St. Louis Hospice
1187 Corporate Lake, Suite 200, Creve Coeur, MO 63132, US
Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Our hospice team understands the special skills needed to care for people with a terminal illness and to provide comfort and guidance to caregivers, family and friends. SSM Health at Home hospice services emphasize preserving dignity and improving quality of life through symptom management -- which includes relief from emotional, spiritual and physical pain.
We'll work with your schedule.
St. LouisSt. Louis, MO 63132
- Animal Therapy
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Very flexible schedule; 1x - 4x pet therapy visits per month based on your availability.
- TB Screening/Tests, Influenza Vaccine, In-Person Training. Pet must be a pet therapy animal (trained and certified) and current on all vaccinations.