The Healing Power of Presence: Bring Comfort to Hospice Patients in North County
2 people are interested
SSM Health at Home couldn’t provide the exceptional hospice care that we do without our volunteers. Volunteers make meaningful contributions to the lives of our patients and caregivers as well as our hospice team. Share your time and compassion visiting hospice patients in homes and nursing care facilities in North St. Louis County such as Bridgeton, Ferguson, Normandy, Jennings, Bellefontaine, Hazelwood and Florissant areas:
- Provide companionship and comfort to the patient and/or family.
- Read, play music or participate in hobbies or art projects.
- Give caregivers an opportunity to run errands, make doctors' appointments or get some exercise while staying with the patient in the home (2+ hours per visit).
- Support the patient's family after the loss of the loved one by attending the funeral and visiting with family members during their period of bereavement.
Schedules are flexible -- evening and weekend visits are available!
About SSM Health at Home St. Louis Hospice
1187 Corporate Lake, Suite 200, Creve Coeur, MO 63132, US
Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Our hospice team understands the special skills needed to care for people with a terminal illness and to provide comfort and guidance to caregivers, family and friends. SSM Health at Home hospice services emphasize preserving dignity and improving quality of life through symptom management -- which includes relief from emotional, spiritual and physical pain.
We'll work with your schedule.
North CountyFlorissant, MO 63034
January 15, 2020
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Very flexible schedule; 1x - 4x visits per month based on your availability.
- TB Screening / Tests, Influenza Vaccine, In-Person Training