21 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Hearts and Minds
Please visit the new page to apply.
21 people are interested
We are seeking volunteers interested in leadership roles to help accelerate our work in helping address extreme global poverty. Choose from a range of activities in marketing, communications, management or fundraising.
You will qualify with:
- Extensive, professional experience in marketing, communications, fundraising or business management.
- Even a few hours a week can make a big difference!
- A strong interest in working with nonprofits and helping others.
Enjoy these advantages:
- Use your experience while participating in other areas of interest to you.
- Leverage your skills working directly with our Founder and President, Bill Blackman. We will share our valuable experience to help more people lift themselves from extreme poverty.
- Work with other volunteers in our convenient midtown Manhattan office - or participate from anywhere.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Hearts and Minds
134 West 29th Street, Suite 810, New York, NY 10001, US
Hearts and Minds works to help end extreme global poverty more quickly and cost effectively with programs that get to the roots of this major challenge. We accomplish this through public education, advocacy and lobbying for foreign aid and foreign policy reforms in the United States and eventually in other wealthy nations.
Founded in 1996 - Hearts and Minds volunteers involvement in Human Rights, Equality, The Environment, The Arts and many other areas have enabled them to acquire valuable vocational experience and or internships, learn new skills, gain experience and find fulfillment. As a nonprofit, nonpartisan, secular organization, our grassroots approach has allowed our volunteers to inspire, educate, advocate and promote change on initiatives and issues that affect millions of people on the planet.
Currently we are focusing to end Extreme Poverty. We’re revamping our website for this major expansion of our work.
Why volunteer with us?
- Flexible hours - we’ll work with your schedule!
- Develop skills with your choice of hands-on activities in our wide range of working groups.
- Friendly office - you can work directly with our president and other professionals.
For many activities, we require at least a year of experience. Except for those with high-level professional skills, we ask most volunteers to average at least 15 hours a week for at least a month. Some exceptions are possible.
134 West 29th StreetSuite 810New York, NY 10001
July 15, 2022
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training