Data Entry Assistant
12 people are interested
Job Title: Data Entry Volunteer
Status: Part Time - Volunteer
City/State: Garden City, New York
Job Category: Administrative Intern
About Emotions Matter
Emotions Matters, Inc. is a 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to connecting and empowering those impacted by Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) to raise awareness and advocate for better mental health care. Launched in December of 2015, Emotions Matter is making strides to achieve its missions through BPD peer support, educational resources and advocacy. To learn more, visit www.emotionsmatterbpd.org.
* Assist with data entry to help maintain records of organization using donor management records software on computer.
· Maintain, update and organize new member records and communications.
· Maintain program participation data entry and records
· Update volunteer data entry as needed.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Google Doc Suites.
* Strong writing and verbal communication skills,
* Strong planning and organizational skills.
* Communication and interpersonal skills,
· Willingness to learn our donor records system. Training will be provided.
* Passion for mental health advocacy and a connection to BPD would be helpful.
Hours: 5-10 hours /week, with ability to increase hours depending on seasonal needs.
Type: Unpaid internship
About EMOTIONS MATTER INC
P.O. Box 7642, Garden City, NY 11530, US
To connect and empower individuals impacted by borderline personality disorder (BPD) to raise awareness and improve mental health care.
Emotions Matter, Inc. is a 501c3 non-profit organization founded in 2015 to raise awareness, and advocate for the needs of those impacted by borderline personality disorder (BPD), a mental illness characterized by impulsivity, emotional dysregulation, difficulty in relationships, and suicidality.
The individual experience of BPD is different from other mental disorders as they experience more stigma, isolation and discrimination, due to the lack of education of health care providers, community resources or treatment.
Emotions Matter helps individuals with BPD by providing opportunities for peer support and empowerment. In 2017, Emotions Matter hosted an art show in New York City with over 30 artists impacted by BPD. Emotions Matters produced two short films on BPD for social media, and has active Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram feeds. Emotions Matter also runs online BPD peer to peer support groups.
Emotions Matter holds events to increase public health literacy about BPD distributing literature on BPD at mental health conferences and walks. These events bring together a diverse community of clinicians, family members and individuals with BPD who share our mission.
Emotions Matter advocates for the BPD population in Washington, in Congress, at the National Institute of Mental Health, and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
5 Old Jericho turnpikeJericho, NY 11753
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Database Administration
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Emotions Matter seeks a data entry volunteer 1-2 mornings a week. Days and times flexible based on availability of volunteer and Executive Director's Schedule.
- Must be trustworthy, responsible and sensitive to population we serve impacted by mental illness.