Want to make a difference? Become a SAFE volunteer.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
33 people are interested
By volunteering at SAFE in Hunterdon, you can reach out to those who are coping
with abuse and provide a sense of comfort as they recover from their traumatic
experiences. Three direct- client volunteer opportunities are:
Crisis Intervention Teams (CIT) (18 or older )
Work directly with survivors immediately after incidents of domestic violence and sexual assault are reported to authorities. Work cooperatively with local police departments and medical professionals to ensure immediate emotional support, information, advocacy, and resource referrals to victims.
Childcare (16 or older )
Volunteers play or organize activities with children involved in the PALS program, and provide a comforting non- threatening presence to them while their parents are in counseling sessions, etc.
Hotline Coverage (18 or older )
Volunteers work under the supervision of an agency advocate answering the 24-hour hotline. Hotline workers must be attentive, empathetic and calm in emergency situations.
About SAFE in Hunterdon
47 East Main Street, Flemington, NJ 08822, US
In an atmosphere of professionalism and excellence, our mission is to:
- Reduce the prevalence of intimate violence in society.
- Provide safety through free and confidential services for victims and survivors of domestic abuse and sexual assault including all ages, genders, cultures, religions and sexual orientations.
- Empower victims, survivors and their families to live enriched lives free from violence.
- Heighten our community's awareness of domestic violence and sexual assault through risk reduction education.
SAFE in Hunterdon is a not-for profit agency serving victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in Hunterdon County, New Jersey.
We'll work with your schedule.
47 East Main StreetFlemington, NJ 08822
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training