Help service members and their families as a VA Voluntary Service representative
DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
The American Red Cross in Northern Nevada works closely with the VA's Voluntary Service program which has over 75,000 volunteers nationwide who have contributed more than 12 million hours of service. In order to be an exceptional part of this program, the Red Cross in Northern Nevada needs a leadership volunteer to act as a liaison and support coordination between the Red Cross and local VA health care facilities. This is a critical need right now. The time commitment to help would be about 10 hours per month.
- Supports and acts as a local liaison on behalf of the Red Cross
- Ensure all potential VA Voluntary Services (VAVS) volunteers are registered with the local Red Cross unit, receive volunteer orientation, are assisted with the VAVS application and placement and receive information on volunteer opportunities with the VA
- Promote the recruitment of volunteers and donations of financial and material resources in accordance with facility needs
- Attend and participate in quarterly VAVS meetings, serve on VAVS Sub-committees and task groups and assist with improving the overall VAVS program
- Coordinate with the VAVS Program Manager to perform the Annual Joint Review (AJR)
- Facilitate volunteer placement in coordination with the VA Program Manager and workplace supervisor and assist VA staff when an affiliated volunteer must be removed for cause
- Maintain records and submit reports as required by the Red Cross and VA
- Share VAVS committee voting privileges with appointed deputy as needed
- Attend quarterly phone meetings with the assigned Red Cross National Deputy and Division Staff.
- Broad understanding of the American Red Cross and its opportunities for volunteer service
- Basic computer and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate and work with other leaders in a management team relationship
- Ability to show initiative and work independently
- Program management experience is a plus but not required
- Must be able to achieve a successful VA background check/security badging check
About American Red Cross - Utah & Nevada Region
6616 South 900 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84121, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
444 E. Warm Springs RdSuite 110Las Vegas, NV 89119
- Public Relations
- Customer Service
- Veteran Care
- Community Outreach
- Project Management
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours per month