DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
As our nonprofit admin assistant volunteer, you first will need to understand our mission and goals, as you will handle the day-to-day communications for the director in our organization. You will operate as the organization's gatekeeper because most everything crosses your desk first. You will answer calls, take messages, schedule meetings and writes letters or prepare draft press releases. You might respond to email inquiries or route them to the executive. You, as the administrative assistant may proofread reports and written documents for grammar, punctuation and spelling errors. As administrative assistant you will also creates draft communications for the director's overview.
You will be responsible for setting up Google Suite for nonprofits, and support us in stream lining our communications with our board, volunteers, donors, and partners.
Must be familiar with donor data base systems, and upload our data into Little Green Light. You will help to maintain records with appropriate information with the help of Executive Director.
As our administrative assistant you will handle basic bookkeeping responsibilities. You will track income, make bank deposits and completes monthly bank reconciliation under the supervision of the executive director. Preparing the monthly financial statements for executive director review and inclusion in board meetings is another task you might perform.General Office
One of your main responsibilities is to keep our organization running efficiently. You will oversee office and event supplies - ordering them as needed - keep track of inventory and interview new vendors. As the administrative assistant, you are the backbone of our organization; as the gatekeeper, you know all that goes on in the organization.
About HAIRCUTS WITH HEART
4315 PIEDMONT AVENUE, OAKLAND, CA 94611, US
Haircuts with Heart provides haircuts, manicures, and makeup applications for the Bay Area’s underserved communities; including people experiencing homelessness, and veterans and their families. These services are provided completely free of charge. Although a haircut can be thought of as a small gesture, our guests have said they "feel normal," "proud of how I look," and that it is "nice to be touched." Our volunteer stylists have been told "thank you for not forgetting about us" and other similar sentiments. We believe our services help our guests approach the next steps in their lives.
In a little over two years we have hosted 20 events and served over 1,000 guests. Our strategy is to build trust and to establish frequent contact to nourish our guests and contributing partners.
When Haircuts with Heart partners with a community based organization, we set up a pop up salon at their site and serve approximately 50 people at each event. We recruit local, licensed, volunteer hair stylists, barbers, makeup artists and manicurists, who all volunteer their time.
Our goals for 2018-2019 are:
- Host over 30 events serving approximately 1,000 guests
- Reach further into the community by expanding our geographic reach and community based partnerships
- Partner with hair care brands to donate products for takeaway bags
- Expand our volunteer base to assist with new locations, fundraising, and outreach
- Implement a development plan which includes member sponsorships, fundraising via events and social media, the pursuit of foundation grant opportunities, and marketing to salons to host fundraisers in their salons
We'll work with your schedule.
4315 Piedmont Ave #302Oakland, CA 94611
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Critical Thinking
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Part-time with up to 10 hours a week. Days and time are flexible. Much of the work can be completed virtually, but will require weekly check ins and task review.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to roll up your sleeves. We would like this position to become permanent and paid.