Volunteer Opportunities with Individuals with Disabilities!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
38 people are interested
Want to make a positive impact in the community? It’s easy! Become a Volunteer for the City of Santa Clara Parks and Recreation Department Therapeutic Recreation Services! Therapeutic Recreation Services serves the recreational and social needs of individuals who have disabilities in Santa Clara County. We offer programs such as aquatics, dance, fitness, and social clubs. Volunteers are essential to providing quality services to the residents of our community. We need YOUR help in making our programs a SUCCESS! We have a variety of volunteer opportunities available for those ages 14 and above, including students who need service hours. We currently have opportunities during the week in the evenings and on Saturday mornings/afternoons.
For more information, contact email@example.com or (408) 615-3169. or visit our website at http://santaclaraca.gov/government/departments/parks-recreation/therapeutic-recreation-services.
About City of Santa Clara Parks & Recreation Department
1500 Warburton Avenue, Santa Clara, CA 95050, US
The mission of the City of Santa Clara is to promote a living and working environment that allows for the best quality of life by serving the community with resourceful, efficient, progressive and professional leadership.
The City has developed municipal park facilities in order to provide its residents with a variety of recreation programs and services. Facilities include the Santa Clara Golf and Tennis Club, Community Recreation Center, Senior Center, Youth Activity Center, International Swim Center, Reed Street Dog Park, and Skate Park. Ulistac Natural Area, a 40 acre open space park on the former Fairway Glen golf course, opened in 2001. Counting the Golf and Tennis Club's 155 acres, Santa Clara's 38 parks, playgrounds and open space now totals nearly 450 acres.
The Parks & Recreation Department is responsible for:
* managing and maintaining the City's beautiful park system, recreation facilities, pools, and cemeteries
* providing programs, services and activities that enhance residents’ lives and contribute to the health and wellness of the community
We'll work with your schedule.
Senior Center1303 Fremont St.Santa Clara, CA 95050
- Youth Services
- Dance / Aerobics
- Fitness Instruction
- Outdoor Recreation
- Special Needs
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Must be committed to the hours assigned
- Volunteers 18+ must be fingerprinted by the Santa Clara Police Dept. and cleared with the Department of Justice before beginning volunteer service (no cost to volunteer). Minors must complete a release of liability signed by a parent or guardian.