Volunteer Consultant for Fundraising and Development
Would you like to use your hard-earned fundraising skills to give back in a meaningful way to the community you care about? Interested in being a part of a network of more than 175 trained consultants with lifelong skills and distinguished management careers?
Empower Success Corps (ESC), a nonprofit organization, seeks seasoned development/fundraising professionals for high-impact, skills-based volunteer opportunities.
ESC provides valuable management consulting and capacity building services to nonprofits across New England. By matching nonprofits with high-caliber, volunteer consultants, ESC helps organizations operate more effectively to better meet the needs of their communities.
* Over 20 years of experience in business, nonprofit, government or academic sectors
* Expertise in helping nonprofits plan, organize, and direct fundraising initiatives including major gifts programs, annual funds, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns
* History of involvement with nonprofits as a board member or volunteer preferable
* Commitment to 1-2 projects per year
* Able to do occasional travel to client’s location at times that fit client’s needs
* Attendance at ESC training courses and seminars
* Analysis and critical thinking: able to effectively analyze situations and think strategically
* Versatility: work well with diverse groups of people and types of nonprofits
* Strong communication skills: active listening, writing, speaking and presenting
* Passion: genuine interest in helping nonprofits succeed
* Computer skills: email and Word required; PowerPoint helpful
What You Gain by Volunteering for ESC:
* Use knowledge, skills and wisdom you have gained throughout your career to help New England nonprofits.
* Collaborate and connect with inspiring, like-minded people who are motivated by the satisfaction of creating lasting change.
* Impact a broad array of nonprofit organizations versus volunteering for just one or two.
* Enhance lifelong learning experiences through professional training and challenging engagements.
* Receive a deep sense of fulfillment from contributing to a dynamic professional organization that helps New England nonprofits achieve their missions.
* Make a difference in your community within a flexible, part-time schedule.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer consultant in the Boston area, please contact Miles Robinson at email@example.com or 617.357.5550. If you are interested in serving in Maine, NH or Vermont, please contact Lynn Post, ESC NNE Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603.926.0752
About Empower Success Corps
176 Federal Street, Suite 5C, Boston, MA 02110, US
ESC’s mission is to enhance the impact of nonprofit organizations through high-quality, affordable capacity-building services including consulting, implementation support, and professional development provided by experienced professionals dedicated to serving the New England community.
Nonprofits call on ESC when they are facing a significant opportunity or challenge. We select the best team from our pool of over 150 experienced pro bono consultants to work with nonprofit organizations to develop strategic and tactical solutions.
ESC Fellowships provide transitional management support from experienced professionals to move critical initiatives forward. ESC Fellows help build capacity for high-impact projects in areas such as management, operations, marketing, fundraising, human resources, finance, business development, and program development. Through a rigorous and selective matching process, we ensure the right skill set to match a nonprofit's needs. Fellowships are time-limited assignments, usually full-time for six months or parttime for a year. ESC Fellows receive a stipend paid for by the nonprofit or funded by a sponsor.
ESC prepares nonprofit talent for the future through workshops on a range of topics, and personalized leadership training, mentoring, and coaching. Program participants learn from experts who share the most relevant, up-to-date knowledge and skills. Each highly interactive program combines best practices and real world experiences.
We'll work with your schedule.
176 Federal StreetSuite 5CBoston, MA 02110
- Strategic Planning
- Capacity Planning
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- People 55+