Volunteer Consultant for Fundraising and Development
Would you like to use your hard-earned fundraising skills to give back in a meaningful way to the community you care about? Interested in being a part of a network of more than 175 trained consultants with lifelong skills and distinguished management careers?
Empower Success Corps (ESC), a nonprofit organization, seeks seasoned development/fundraising professionals for high-impact, skills-based volunteer opportunities.
ESC provides valuable management consulting and capacity building services to nonprofits across New England. By matching nonprofits with high-caliber, volunteer consultants, ESC helps organizations operate more effectively to better meet the needs of their communities.
* Over 20 years of experience in business, nonprofit, government or academic sectors
* Expertise in helping nonprofits plan, organize, and direct fundraising initiatives including major gifts programs, annual funds, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns
* History of involvement with nonprofits as a board member or volunteer preferable
* Commitment to 1-2 projects per year
* Able to do occasional travel to client’s location at times that fit client’s needs
* Attendance at ESC training courses and seminars
* Analysis and critical thinking: able to effectively analyze situations and think strategically
* Versatility: work well with diverse groups of people and types of nonprofits
* Strong communication skills: active listening, writing, speaking and presenting
* Passion: genuine interest in helping nonprofits succeed
* Computer skills: email and Word required; PowerPoint helpful
What You Gain by Volunteering for ESC:
* Use knowledge, skills and wisdom you have gained throughout your career to help New England nonprofits.
* Collaborate and connect with inspiring, like-minded people who are motivated by the satisfaction of creating lasting change.
* Impact a broad array of nonprofit organizations versus volunteering for just one or two.
* Enhance lifelong learning experiences through professional training and challenging engagements.
* Receive a deep sense of fulfillment from contributing to a dynamic professional organization that helps New England nonprofits achieve their missions.
* Make a difference in your community within a flexible, part-time schedule.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer consultant in the Boston area, please contact Miles Robinson at email@example.com or 617.357.5550. If you are interested in serving in Maine, NH or Vermont, please contact Lynn Post, ESC NNE Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603.926.0752
We'll work with your schedule.
176 Federal StreetSuite 5CBoston, MA 02110
- Strategic Planning
- Capacity Planning
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- People 55+