Museum Store Volunteer
17 people are interested
Holocaust Museum Houston is dedicated to educating people about the Holocaust, remembering the 6 million Jews and other innocent victims and honoring the survivors’ legacy. Using the lessons of the Holocaust and other genocides, we teach the dangers of hatred, prejudice and apathy.
Holocaust Museum Houston builds a more humane society by promoting responsible individual behavior, cultivating civility and pursuing social justice.
Museum Store volunteers will help with:
- Greeting customers who enter the shop.
- Assisting customers in the selection and purchase of items.
- Answering queries from customers.
- Processing cash and credit card transactions accurately & efficiently.
- Stocking shelves with merchandise.
- Reporting discrepancies and problems to the manager.
- Balancing cash registers with receipts.
- Dealing with customer refunds.
- Keeping the store tidy and clean.
- Attaching price tags to merchandise on the shop floor.
- Responsible for security within the store and being on the lookout for shoplifters and fraudulent credit cards etc.
- Operating the tills, including cashing up and completing paper work at the start and end of shift.
- Ensuring that the shop counter is always manned.
- Keeping merchandise orderly and neat in appearance.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Holocaust Museum Houston
5401 Caroline St., Houston, TX 77004, US
The mission of Holocaust Museum Houston is to promote awareness of the dangers of prejudice, hatred and violence against the backdrop of the Holocaust, which claimed the lives of millions of Jews and other innocent victims. By fostering Holocaust remembrance, understanding and education, the Museum will educate students, as well as the general population about the uniqueness of that event and its ongoing lesson: that humankind must learn to live together in peace and harmony.
The striking facade of Holocaust Museum Houston is meant to evoke an emotional response and sets the tone for what visitors will experience. The Museum includes two changing exhibit galleries, as well as a Memorial Room, garden, 100-seat theater, and the permanent exhibition, BEARING WITNESS: A Community Remembers.
We'll work with your schedule.
5401 Caroline St.Houston, TX 77004
- Must be at least 16
- Morning shift: 9:00AM-1:00PM Afternoon Shift: 1:00PM-5:00PM