Volunteer Chapter Lead - Military Lead and Civilian Leaders Needed!
2 people are interested
Volunteer Chapter Lead - Military Leaders and Civilian Leaders needed!
Have a passion for military families? Looking for a volunteer role where you will gain valuable real-life experience? We are looking for you to join our dynamic and growing volunteer team!
Our Volunteer Chapter Leaders are the face of Blue Star Families at the local level. The Volunteer Chapter Lead will serve as a liaison between the military and civilian communities in their community. The Chapter Leaders will represent Blue Star Families at local events, work with and mentor volunteers, help host events for various programs and participate in community meetings and collaborations. This Volunteer role requires a one year commitment to the duties and responsibilities below.
What you will be doing:
- Helping to recruit and assemble chapter leadership roles in accordance with the chapter organizational chart
- Mentoring volunteers
- Providing guidance to help grow the chapter and deliver consistent programs to military families and neighbors within the community
- Scheduling, attending and leading various chapter area meetings to review and discuss chapter activities and initiatives
- Establish key area relationships with community and installation leaders and donors
To land this role:
- You are familiar with the community and have a desire to support military families
- You have experience leading a team of volunteers
- You are confident, a self starter and skilled in taking initiative
- You have experience developing and leading plans and projects
- You are skilled in utilizing social media platforms and have excellent communication skills
Apply today at - www.bluestarfam.org/volunteer
About Blue Star Families
PO Box 230637, Encinitas, CA 92023, US
Military families face many challenges; Blue Star Families brings Americans together to address these challenges, see our families thrive, and make our nation strong.
In April of 2009, a group of military spouses got together in the hopes of making a difference in the lives of military families. They knew the issues surrounding military families and saw a need for a platform where military family members could join forces with the general public and their communities to address the challenges of military life.
Since then, Blue Star Families has grown from a few military spouses around a kitchen table to more than 150,000 members and over 35 communities and chapters around the globe. Our programs and services reach more than 1.5 million military families every year.
San Diego Metro AreaOceanside, CA 92049
- Group Facilitation
- Community Outreach
- Public Speaking
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours per week