Help Children Succeed in School -- Northwest (Coddingtown) Library Homework Help Volunteer
DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Do you want to help young people succeed in school? Are you looking for a way to give back to your community? Your skills and expertise matter!
Homework Help volunteers assist K-12 students with homework assignments. They provide general help with all school subjects K-12, and also may specialize in one or two subjects up to the college-prep level.
- Be present during program day and time throughout the school year for two hours per assigned shift;
- Assist students with their homework;
- Respect the youth and provide positive encouragement;
- Work with other volunteers and library staff to run Homework Help sessions.
- Fluent and well-versed in written and spoken English;
- Able to communicate in Spanish is an asset;
- Able to help with homework from grade K-12 levels and for most school subjects;
- Knowledge of elementary and high school Math and Science is an asset;
- Able to relate well to youth and enjoy helping them;
- Able to work in a cooperative team environment;
- Graduation from high school is preferred but not mandatory; students in 11th & 12th grades who maintain a 3.0 GPA (grade point average) or above in school are welcome to apply.
About Sonoma County Library
6135 State Farm Drive, ROHNERT PARK, CA 94928, US
The Public Library is dedicated to free and equal access to information, knowledge, independent lifelong learning, cultural enrichment, and the joys of reading for our diverse community.
Public libraries in California seek to engage the talents, skills and commitment of volunteers to serve the communities' information and literacy needs. Libraries offer a variety of skilled volunteer opportunities to make a meaningful contribution to library programs, operations, fundraising events and other community engagement functions. Skilled volunteers have opportunities to lead projects, work with teams of staff and volunteers, learn new skills, and have fun.
Northwest Regional Library1331 Guerneville RoadSuite OSanta Rosa, CA 95401
- General Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- Youth Services
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- weekly 2-hour shifts on while school is in session
- Background checks for 18 & older