Oasis for Girls - Career Night mentor
6 people are interested
Oasis For Girls is a wonderful nonprofit in SF that partners with high school aged young women of color
from under-resourced communities in San Francisco to help them cultivate the skills, knowledge, and
confidence to discover their dreams and build strong futures through programs focused on life skills,
creative arts education, and career exploration/workforce development.
Career Night is both an important programming activity for our girls and a fundraising event for Oasis. Career Night mentors;
- Share your story and the experiences you have had on your career path.
- Support the growth and development of teenage girls by giving them a glimpse into 'a day in your professional life’.
- Give Oasis girls practice at networking - a critical career skill.
As part of their participation, Career Night mentors are asked to make a one-time $100 gift to the
organization; Donations from this event go straight to programs, allowing for more
women of color and girl-centered workshops and learning opportunities, including job application and
interview prep, community activism, field trips, and more.
If interested, email us at: email@example.com or complete a volunteer interest form here:
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Oasis for GIrls
1091 Mission St, San Francisco, CA 94103, US
Oasis For Girls is a nonprofit organization in SOMA which partners with young women of color from under-resourced communities in San Francisco to help them cultivate the skills, knowledge, and confidence to discover their dreams and build strong futures.
Oasis for Girls has been in existence for 20 years! Our Springboard Series consists of three distinct programs:
- RISE Life Skills Program: our foundational program, where girls build sisterhood and focus on identity formation within a social justice activism context. Workshops include nutrition, healthy relationships, women’s health, self-defense, and more.
- CREATE Arts Education Program: encourages girls to connect with their communities, neighborhoods, and their own lived experiences through different artistic mediums, including poetry, photography, podcasts, digital media, and others, ensuring they exercise their activist voice, self-advocacy, healthy expression, and self-care.
- ENVISION Career Exploration: readies girls for healthy paths to higher education and career through job readiness skills and a comprehensive internship at UCSF’s Department of Neurosurgery.
What distinguishes Oasis for Girls from other non-profit after school programs is it brings together girls from across San Francisco, and understanding that our program participants might otherwise have to work to help support their family, Oasis for Girls provides a small stipend to girls in the program.
1091 Mission StreetSan Francisco, CA 94103