Community Engagement Manager - Chapter Volunteer Leader
Have a passion for military families? Looking for a volunteer role where you will gain valuable, real-life experience? Are you a skilled networker and event planner? We are looking for YOU to join our dynamic and growing volunteer team!
Our Volunteer Community Engagement Manager is the face of Blue Star Families in their local community. This volunteer manager will conduct outreach on and off military installations and be the primary events coordinator for various programs integral to our mission. This Volunteer role requires a one year commitment to the duties and responsibilities outlined below.
What you will be doing:
- Establishing, maintaining and documenting relationships with local businesses, community supporters, installation supporters and contacts to create opportunities for Chapter events
- Planning an annual calendar of community engagement events with at least one outreach/community event every two months
- Supporting the Chapter Director as they recruit, assemble and train a team of volunteers for Chapter outreach and events
- Work closely with the Chapter Director to ensure event details are captured and communicated to Chapter members
- Assist in tracking and reporting event highlights, including number of members served, number of new members number of books distributed, event photos, stories and more
To land this role:
- You are familiar with the military lifestyle and your local community
- You have experience working with and mentoring volunteers
- You have experience planning events and local community outreach
- You are skilled at utilizing social media
- You have excellent written communication skills
About Blue Star Families
PO Box 230637, Encinitas, CA 92023, US
Military families face many challenges; Blue Star Families brings Americans together to address these challenges, see our families thrive, and make our nation strong.
In April of 2009, a group of military spouses got together in the hopes of making a difference in the lives of military families. They knew the issues surrounding military families and saw a need for a platform where military family members could join forces with the general public and their communities to address the challenges of military life.
Since then, Blue Star Families has grown from a few military spouses around a kitchen table to more than 150,000 members and over 35 communities and chapters around the globe. Our programs and services reach more than 1.5 million military families every year.
Baltimore Metro AreaBaltimore, MD 21229
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours per week