Internship in Event Planning (unpaid), Tallahassee Walk to Defeat ALS
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Interns are needed in event planning to assist in realizing the goals for the Tallahassee Walk to Defeat ALS in mid-October. Interns become committee members and work closely with the Chapter’s Regional Development Manager to recruit teams, coordinate and develop team fundraisers, solicit individual and corporate donors and sponsors, assist in event promotion and collateral distribution, solicit and coordinate event entertainment, and assist with day-of logistics and volunteer management. Training is provided by the Chapter Regional Development Manager.
Intern chair positions include: Committee Chair/Co-Chair, Team Recruitment/Development, Sponsorship/Fundraising, Accounting/Registration, Entertainment, and Logistics/Volunteer Management.
The Tallahassee Walk to Defeat ALS has a direct impact on people living with ALS by raising awareness and funds to realize the mission of The ALS Association Florida Chapter: creating a world without ALS. The Chapter is fighting this disease by participating in advocacy, providing patient services, helping fund research, and providing financial support to statewide multidisciplinary ALS clinics and research facilities, enabling them to increase quality patient care.
The event will be held Saturday, October 19, at Centennial Field at Cascades Park. Intern Committee members work at their own pace starting immediately until shortly after the event.
About The ALS Association Florida Chapter
3242 Parkside Center Circle, Tampa, FL 33619, US
Leading the fight to treat and cure ALS through global research and nationwide advocacy while also empowering people with Lou Gehrig’s Disease and their families to live fuller lives by providing them with compassionate care and support.
- People with ALS and their families come first in everything we do.
- Scientific credibility and innovation are the hallmarks of our research program.
- Commitment to excellence and professionalism are key tenets at all levels of our organization.
- We are one team with one vision and one mission working together.
- Collaboration and partnership within our organization and with others who share our vision and values are key to sustained success in the fight against ALS.
- Integrity, honesty and ethical behavior guide all our endeavors.
- Mutual respect is the cornerstone for all our working relationships.
- Diversity of ideas, cultures, ethnicities and backgrounds strengthen our efforts.
- Financial strength enables us to accomplish our goals.
We'll work with your schedule.
Work from homeTallahassee, FL 32301
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Must be at least 18
- Attend/call into a month meeting (1 hour per month) • Responsibility listed above (15-20 hours) • Attend the Walk to Defeat ALS and assist with day of duties (5-7 hours)
- Committee members must sign a Confidentiality Agreement.